We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Hi,

I am travelling to Jordan from 25 June to 29 June (4 nights) and will be arriving from Jerusalem on the morning of 25 June.

I was thinking to do the following:

Go straight to the dead sea and spend the night on the 25th

Go to Petra on the morning of the 26th and spend 2 nights there

Go to Amman on the 28th for one night and fly home on 29th June.

Is this possible? Is it better to get a car with driver for this or to use public transport?

Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Petra - Wadi Musa...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Welcome to Jordan

Good itinerary

Also you can add Little Petra, Shobak Castle, Kerak, Madaba and Mt. Nebo on your way to Amman

It's much better and easier to book a car with English speaking driver in advance

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
reviews: 4
2. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

coming from israel to border cross to jordan at King Hussein Bridge is not possible without a prior visa in advance.this is the nearest point to Jerusalem and Dead Sea.

you can get visa north ar Sheik Husein Bridge cost 40 jd

or southern borders Eilat Aqaba where you get free visa,

you might need to reschedule your plan.

you can also consider visiting Jerash one hour drive from amman on the day you depart?

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel.

Edited: 2:59 pm, June 11, 2014
Petra
reviews: 11
3. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

With just 4 days I would definitely use a car with driver (or a rental car) , public transportation is not very good in Jordan and you will lose too much time. Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

London, United...
4. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Does anyone know any good drivers with cars? Thanks!

Petra
reviews: 11
5. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Hi ! I have just sent you a private message, check your TA inbox :-)

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Hi Patricia, or anyone

I am also planning to visit by october. can you recommend a not so expensive car driver that can tour us around? 2 nights and 3 days only... thanks!

Chester, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Hello there...just read your request, and saw the response from Raymond at the Amman Pasha......We stayed with Raymond, Tahini and the team last year and had a wonderful time.

Are you coming across the border at Aqaba? If so would be grateful to hear how it went as that is on our plans for trip this coming September.

Think most hotels have links to local taxi drivers who can take you wherever you want to go. We traveled from Amman to Aqaba, Took the whole day via Madaba, Mt Nebo and the Dead Sea...spent too much time covered in mud to do Karak castle tho...

If you have spare time in Amman...I would def echo Raymond's recommendation of a trip to Jerash...our lovely taxi driver took us to the bus station and put us on the right local bus, although if you are on a schedule, this may not be the best option as the bus back tends to wait till it's full, rather than stick to a timetable.

Sure you will have a wonderful time...and you will remember " Welcome, welcome to Jordan" we loved it so much we are on our way back in September to see the bits we missed. Safe trip

8. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, June 29, 2014

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

Hi I have 3 full days in Jordan in October (Arrive 18th at 10pm and leave on 22nd at 6.30pm). Can anyone recommend a driver who has a good price and will do Petra and Dead Sea picking up from Amman and dropping off in Amman again? Thanks!

London, United...
10. Re: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman

We used this guy - Sami - +962 7 7696 7172

Booked him through the movenpick in Petra but you can probably call direct.

Safe, reliable and nice car

Reply to: Petra, Dead Sea and Amman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted