We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleeping in a cave in Petra

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
sleeping in a cave in Petra

I was watching An Idiot Abroad and Destination and I'm really thinking about going to Petra. On both the shows they slept in a cave in Petra and I was wondering if anyone has done that because I'd love to it. I'm not sure how to go about arranging to stay a night in one of the caves. If you have any info please let me know.

37 replies to this topic
Petra - Wadi Musa...
31. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

yes In side petra call here 00962 7790 46 925 salman phone.... Welcome

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 1
32. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

I wished I would have read your above advices earlier on… (I simply have booked a hotel instead of experiencing to sleep in a cave). Nevertheless, by coincidence I also had the luck to get to know Salman – a very knowledgeable, authentic and simply fascinating guy who partly lives in his nice cave, partly discovers the world on his own. If you are up for special moments in Petra without feeling like one out of thousands tourists I recommend you to get in touch with him! His contact is still the same as others wrote above (happybedouin22@yahoo.com). If you might have concrete questions in advance maybe I can help you as well – just mail me under evelyn.borchardt@gmail.com. Otherwise, I wish you an exciting and memorable time at this magic place!

Best,

Evelyn

Vancouver, British...
33. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

Went to Petra for 2 days, had a really great experience! The first day Salman kindly started conversation. I had split off from my family in the early afternoon and was travelling around Petra by myself (27yr old female) until dark after most tourists had gone. Salman was really nice and walked with me for the whole afternoon. He never asked for anything was kind to keep conversation and company. He kept talking about how those who are interested can stay the night with him in his cave. Though I was not able to because I was with my family - I wish I had and hope to in the future. The second day we arranged for him to take us around and was well worth it! You can contact him here: (happybedouin22@yahoo.com)

Irbid, Jordan
34. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

I have know Salman for the past year and a half, he is a reliable, trustworthy, ponctual (that's important) and nice man. He can organize tours for you not only in Petra, but also all around Jordan. He will do his best to make your trip memorable and enjoyable. He can prepare dinner at his cave (delicious food) and if you have any questions about the Bedouin culture, he will be happy to answer them.

I highly recommend his services, you will not be disappointed.

Good luck in you adventures with him

His phone number: 00962779046925

Virginie (a French girl who fell in love with Petra!)

Basel, Switzerland
35. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

Sleeping in the caves can be arranged however not within the heritage site. There are caves outside the heritage site however most are occupied by the Bedouin.

My guide was excellent and he can help you with this. His details are

Ibrahim_Nwfleh

Email: abrahim_moon2004@hotmail.com

Mobile: +96 279 901 78 83

He is a trustworthy individual and knows what is possible.

Amman Governorate...
36. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

we do not recommend this as nowadays it will not be clean and healthy.

may be it was possible in the ancient time but now not at all....

Petra - Wadi Musa...
37. Re: sleeping in a cave in Petra

You never tray . You never know

Reply to: sleeping in a cave in Petra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted