We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
reviews: 36
Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

I am trying to find a company that does personal/private tours to Petra with an overnight stay in Petra (not Eilat) AND including transfers from Eilat to the hotel in Petra (and of course back again). I have done a lot of emailing but no one seems to do this (many offer staying in Eilat for the night but not in Petra itself)....not interested in bus or group tours.

Many thanks in advance!

Amman, Jordan
reviews: 1
1. Re: Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

Well I have seen a company used by many Israelis that does this from Eilat but sorry I cant remember the name - perhaps the Israel forum might know.

They use the services of a Jordanian company who meet you on the Jordanian side and do the rest and bring you back.

Its not difficult to do this journey alone actually

since you would have to cross the border alone anyway - once you have crossed there are taxis waiting to take you wherever. Either go to Aqaba

and take another car or take the taxi direct to Petra.

Book a hotel online - many nice hotels such as Movenpick, Crowne Plaza etc and then get a taxi back to the border and cross back to Eilat.

Otherwise any rent a car office will supply u a car and driver - or send Esteh a pm (the Aqaba expert) she knows many drivers in Aqaba maybe.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 201
2. Re: Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

We booked a private tour (by email) through www.desertecotours.com/English/index.asp

They will pick us up at our Eilat hotel, take us to Wadi Rum for a jeep tour, then to Petra for 2 nights, morning tour of Petra on the first day, return to Eilat on the second day.

I made hotel arrangements (Crowne Plaza) by myself.

They tend to be accommodating, if you are persistant.

They have scheduled tours also.

3. Re: Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, November 08, 2009
4. Re: Private tour in Petra -overnight petra, transfers from Eilat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 24, 2010