We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Petra

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, UAE
Travelling to Petra

I will be in Jordan at the beginning of September and have a few days at the end of my trip to spare. Was planning on heading back to re-visit Petra from Aqaba.

What I would like to know, is the best way to get to Petra from Aqaba either by taxi or by bus.

Also does anyone have any information on any good guides in Petra or can they just be hired from the Visitors Centre upon arrival?

Brisbane
1. Re: Travelling to Petra

We travelled the opposite direction 6 months ago. And made a stop at Wadi Rum. Used a bus from Petra and a taxi to Aqaba. Sorry I do not remember the cost of the taxi but it wasn't expensive. Re; guide.... plenty available at Petra... if you've been there before you may not really need one. We found that for us... just wandering around was ok. Get there early in the morning for the sun as you walk in a see the treasurer in the best light... don't go to the "monaster" until after noon... again for the best light... any guidebook will probably give you more information that most guides.... I think.

I can also recommend Wadi Rum for an over night stay. We used some guides called "Mountain Guides".. they were truly wonderful...

http://www.bedouinroads.com/wadirum.htm

2. Re: Travelling to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Petra - Wadi Musa
More Petra - Wadi Musa Topics