We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palafito Hostel reservation

Which Castro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 44
Palafito Hostel reservation

We made a reservation at Palafito Hostel, but they don't take credit card or Western Union. They said they'd hold the reservation until we got to Chile in January and we could deposit money in their bank account. Has anyone had experience with this hostel? Do you think they will honor our reservation and hold it till Jan without a deposit?

Thanks

Vermont
1. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

You can deposit the money from your own country. Go to their website: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Palafito+Hostel&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701, then click on Tarifas on the upper right hand corner. All the information you need to deposit the money is given there, including the RUT number. Then they want you to email proof of the deposit to the given email address.

Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 44
2. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

Thanks for your reply, but I still don't understand how to make a deposit in a Chilean bank from the U.S.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
3. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

You make a bank transfer between your bank and theirs. The bank will have a charge for it depending on the amount. If you ask in your bank, they will explain it to you. Their bank information is on their website and the number should be their account number.:

www.palafitohostel.com/TarifasHostel.html

You then scan the copy of the transfer and send it to them via email. They have listed their prices in Chilean pesos but perhaps they have told you a dollar amount.

Edited: 3:27 pm, September 16, 2010
San Francisco...
4. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

Hi Sannettie

Did you manage to make the transfer? I am currently in the same position - I need to make a bank transfer to the Palafito Hostel, but I do not have the iban number you normally need.

I wondered if you had any advice as to how I should proceed.

Many thanks

Minneapolis...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

We work with Palafito Hostel and I can vouch that they are fantastic people! They do fill up in January and, of course, money talks, so I would continue to explore ways to make your deposit ahead of time. Otherwise, you can shoot them an email or make a call a couple days prior while you are traveling and that should reconfirm it.

Also fantastic if you want an apart-hotel is Palafito Azul. If you go that route, send Maria Jose my best!

Cheers,

Jordan

Harrow
reviews: 13
6. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

Stayed there in November - highly recommended.

Take the owner's recommendations for good eateries in Castro.

Enjoy !!

7. Re: Palafito Hostel reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Castro
More Castro Topics