We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car in Chillan

Which Chillan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santiago, Chile
reviews: 19
Rental car in Chillan

I am trying to find a rental car agency in Chillan. We want to travel over to Termas de Chillan and points all around. I have searched forum and the www and can only find one place, MV, that has a web site. We want to travel to Valle Las Trancas & Hermoso and from what I can tell, we will need a 4X4. Does anyone have any ideas? BTW, we are traveling by train from Santiago to Chillan (tickets already bought) so going to Concepcion is not a viable option for us. THANKS and CHEERS!

BillyAbroad

9 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
reviews: 7
1. Re: Rental car in Chillan

You could try this site,

atrapalo.cl/rentacar/rent-a-car-chillan-inte…

Santiago, Chile
reviews: 19
2. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Thanks Toid, I have already tried them. I need a telephone number for Avis or Hertz that has a counter in the train station/airport but I can't seem to get through to them.

BillyAbraod

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
3. Re: Rental car in Chillan

A suggestion, call them in Santiago.

Salmon Arm, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Hi Billy: Did you find a solution for this? I am looking at the exact same thing. Train to Chillan and then rent a car from there.

Gatwick
5. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Train from Santiago then 4x4 car rental works great. Actually don't even think about renting something else if tou plan to fo to Necados de Chillan / Valle Hermoso. The road is not asphalted and the bits which are asphalted have large potholes. Remember than when you are at Las Trancas, you will be stopped by a gang offering you to install chains arguing that by law you have to install chains. Don't fall into the trapp as this is a dishonest practice. All the road up to the ski station is doable with a 4x4 without installing chains. Very annoying these people. To rent the 4x 4, we used larranaga.cl/

Teléfonos + 56: (42) 2210 112 -+56 42 2223-202; 18 de Septiembre 870; Chillán - ... 2012 Comercial Larrañaga. We took a taxi from the train station for CLP 2,000 then rented the 4x4 for USD120/ day. Great experience.

Edited: 1:11 am, July 25, 2013
Gatwick
6. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Train from Santiago then 4x4 car rental works great. Actually don't even think about renting something else if tou plan to fo to Necados de Chillan / Valle Hermoso. The road is not asphalted and the bits which are asphalted have large potholes. Remember than when you are at Las Trancas, you will be stopped by a gang offering you to install chains arguing that by law you have to install chains. Don't fall into the trapp as this is a dishonest practice. All the road up to the ski station is doable with a 4x4 without installing chains. Very annoying these people. To rent the 4x 4, we used larranaga.cl/

Teléfonos : (42) 2210 112 - 2223-202; 18 de Septiembre 870; Chillán - ... 2012 Comercial Larrañaga. We took a taxi from the train station for CLP 2,000 then rented the 4x4 for USD120/ day. Great experience.

Salmon Arm, Canada
reviews: 1
7. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Thank Froggy321 for your comment!

8. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Hi, not too sure if you're watching this post or not anymore but just want to check how you went with your travel. Did the train from Santiago to Chillan work well or would you think the bus would work well too. Also - what did you end up doing about car seats. Thanks in advance

Los Angeles, Chile
9. Re: Rental car in Chillan

Hello hope you are fine

I can recommend to you http://larranaga.cl/category/rent-a-car/

They are a business friend of us (My dad and I), so if you want i can help you and i will glad to do it, i live in Los Angeles, Chile (1 Hour from Chillan).

By the other hand Belth, the train wich cross Santiago to Chillan it's modern, sophisticated and clean, so do not worry about that a good way to move among those cities.

Edited: 1:41 pm, October 06, 2014
Reply to: Rental car in Chillan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted