We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fulton, Illinois
reviews: 1
Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

Traveling to this resort next month, was wondering if we should bring our inflatable air mattresses for the ocean or does the resort have them on their chairs? Is the ocean even calm enough for them? Thanks, Kathy

9 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

Totally calm, yes bring them

Punta Cana...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

The ocean in front of the resort is protected by a reef so it's super calm. It should be perfect for an inflatable mattress. BYO

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
reviews: 95
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

The chairs don't need a cover super comfortable.

Edited: 4:14 pm, May 24, 2014
Punta Cana...
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

the calmest waters you could find on any beach, and a very spacy/uncrowded super beach, too, btw.

have fun

Mike

Ladysmith, Canada
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

It has been said here that this is the nicest beach in all of Punta Cana. No palapas on the beach though, but lots of palm trees.

Have a wild time.

PC

reviews: 2
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

I can't wait!!! I am booking here for January. I may pick up air mattresses just for the trip

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
reviews: 95
7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

There are lots of chairs at the beach and you never have to play the towel game. However not a lot of chairs at the pool and they are all taken by 8 am, I have watched people put their towels on and spend the majority of their day at the beach coming late pm to the pool.

San Juan, Puerto...
8. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

I booked July in this hotel

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 5
9. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt

Concur @ calm water & gorgeous beach. Went last September & returning this September again!! Wanted to add, never had a problem finding a spot at the pool and surprisingly for Sept they were almost at full capacity. Nice crowd, at the time all upgrades on the spot were sold out. Enjoy, you'll love having access to both resorts. Rooms are basic but the most comfortable bed, cold AC and great water pressure/heat for shower too. Lots of activities and the train came often to go next door.

Edited: 12:29 pm, June 08, 2014
Reply to: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Reosrt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro