We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Pants for DInner Question.

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis, MO
reviews: 23
Long Pants for DInner Question.

Hi, we are headed out in 10 days - haven't been to PC for 10 years. Anyway for dinner my hubby wants to know if her can just wear blue jeans, or just Khakis?? We are staying at the Melia. Thanks!

st. louis, MO
11. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

Well obviously he would be dressed nice, there are nice jean too - - and every restaurant in these complexes are not like going out for a fine dinner many are very casual from our experience- He wanted to know his options compared to the other resorts we have been to = Some are very strict dress codes, and others anything goes. Not like he was gonna wear ripped up jeans and a tank top which he doesnt even own!

Punta Cana...
12. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

jeans are a usual outfit in the evenings here in the tropics, as they are a great protection against the always present Mozzies. evenings off resort in shorts could end painfull, specially for people who react hefty on the Bites.

Mike

NY
13. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

I never understood the concept of not being able to wear a nice pair of khaki shorts and a collared shirt to dinner on a Caribbean vacation. Its a vacation after all, whats the purpose of the hotels requiring this?

Of course i wilL wear Khakis at night, as required, if thats the way it is, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I do two weeks in Aruba every summer and don't even bring long pants with me, shorts are what almost everyone wears everywhere, even to the really nice restaurants. But i guess different strokes for different folks (and resorts) so you have to respect the local customs. I'm going to be at the Excleence, first time to PC, so whatever their rules are is what i will do.

Edited: 7:13 pm, December 15, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
14. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

pratoman,

At Excellence, indoor restaurants require long pants. Outdoor restaurants do not. There are 4 restaurants that are indoor only, 3 that are outdoor only, and 2 that have both indoor and outdoor (I think shorts are allowed in the outdoor settings for those).

Mark

NY
15. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

Thanks Mark. I think i will bring one pair of Khakis, and some shorts. that should do it.

i assune collared shirts are also required at the indoor restaurants, and if so, golf shirts (pullover with collars) would work?

BTW, you've been a great help since i started planning this trip, thank you

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
16. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

You're welcome, pratoman. Yup, golf shirts are fine. FYI: Toscana, Barcelona, Flavor Market, and Spice are indoor only. The Grill, Lobster House, and Oregano are outdoor / open air. Chez Isabelle and Agave have both (it's a shared courtyard in between them).

Mark

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 14
17. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

Poplin trousers are the most comfortable to wear in place in the Caribbean, along with silk shirts, or very lightweight cotton shirts, forget the jeans.

st. louis, MO
18. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

Wow guess they aren't to strict on the dress code here, just left steak n lobster dinner last night and a man had on swim trunks a t shirt and flip flops - we've seen a big variety here! Lots if dress shorts

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
19. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

Well, there's always a tacky one in any crowd! :-)

New Brunswick...
reviews: 18
20. Re: Long Pants for DInner Question.

brand -sometimes the staff have to make a call as to whether to let someone in who is dress right out suffer the consequences. Have seen it at other resorts a couple times where it was better for all involved to just give in. When you have a whole group of people who just push in and refuse to leave until they see a resort manager. It can be better for those already having dinner to just let them be in order to keep some peace and quiet.