We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to Ruins west of Chetumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Chetumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 3
Tours to Ruins west of Chetumal

We will be in the Yucatan in February and want to see the ruins west of Chetumal. We won't have a car and wish to know if there are day tours available from the city. It doesn't look much like there's a lot of tourist action here.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 66
1. Re: Tours to Ruins west of Chetumal

Hi IslandGrovers -

I see that no one has replied so rather than leave you ignored - I'll tell you that I don't know of any. I went to a number of those sites in February 2008 and spoke to other tourists….and, all but one was driving themselves. The one exception was a retired gentleman from Iowa who was traveling alone by bus. We met up with him in Xpujil - he had made an arrangement with a Xpujil cab driver for the day to take him to several sites. He had spoken to the hotel staff (to recommend a cab driver). I believe he paid around 80 US dollars. Generally speaking, Kohunlich is about 70 Km / Chacchoben is about 80 km / Xpujil is about 160 km / Becan is 180 km away from Chetumal. There is supposed to be a very interesting Mayan Museum in Chetumal - we are thinking of checking it out this February.

Have a great trip!

canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Tours to Ruins west of Chetumal

Hello Lbuggs:

Thanks for the information. I think you are right; when we get to Chetumal we will ask around for a cab driver, should there be no organized tours. The museum in the city is on our list, for sure!

Have a great trip in February.

Cheers,

IslandGrovers

3. Re: Tours to Ruins west of Chetumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2010