We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Which Tiruchirappalli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Hi. Malaysian here.

Planning a trip to India end of next February.

I was wondering what domestic airlines I can take to and from these 2 places. I was researching online, but most of the sites couldn't show me the fares for the dates I chose (or days before and after them).

If anyone could give me a ballpark figure of the fares (and airline) between Tiruchirappalli and Goa, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 14
1. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

This is not a regular route so you will not find any flights except connecting flights routed thru Chennai or Bangalore. Even if you wanted to travel by a train i only see a one direct train that too its a weekly train every Wednesday and takes 25 hrs journey.

17316 VLKN VSG EXP TPJ 03.25 MAO 05.15

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 40
2. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Visit www.cleartrip.com Jet Connect and Jet Airways Trichy -chennai Goa one way per adult around rs.5000 for Feb 2014

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
3. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Hi EtchMe,

Trichy is not directly connected to Goa by air. As mentioned above, you need to take connecting flights which will work out cheaper, the most preferred option being Chennai. Jet Airways, I think is the only option (www.jetairways.com), and when I checked for a date in December, the return fares worked out to Rs.10,000/- and upwards. Else, if you are working on a budget, based on the incoming flight, you may do a day or night journey to Chennai by train or bus (Cost - Rs.300 to Rs.750) and take a flight from Chennai, as there is only one convenient connection in this route and rest require a overnight layover.

Feel free to revert for further clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

KL
4. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Thanks for the tip everyone!

KL
5. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Oh, another question.

What about trains? I was looking through sites and couldn't seem to find any of the rates. All I could find out was it takes more than 10 hours.

Any suggestions of which I should take and how much they cost

Thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

hi EtchMe, are you still planning your trip to goa? did you manage to find out on the airlines?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
7. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

Hi...

There is one direct train (Train No - 17316), which is Velankanni - Vasco Express. This train takes 26 hours to do this journey and a weekly train, which runs on Wednesday. The ticket cost would be Rs.440/- for a 3 tier sleeper(Non AC), Rs.1175/- for a 3 tier AC and Rs.1705/- for a 2 tier AC.The other better option would be to do Trichy - Mangalore (1 Daily and 1 weekly train available) and from Mangalore, board a train to Goa. This would be the fastest link.

Regards

Prasanna

8. Re: Tiruchirappalli to Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, November 22, 2014