We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

Which Ngorongoro Conservation Area hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

Hello, my husband and I are planning a Safari in the Serengeti/Ngorongoro area in January. We were interested in staying at Olakira (one of the Asilla luxury tented camps), and they recommended arranging the safari with True Africa. We've searched trip advisor, but can't find any reviews on them. Does anyone know if they're any good? Thanks!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
1. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

It is probably their own company. Or the company of one of their manager/shareholders. Check the price, itinerery, and other factors then you can decide if they are worth while . I would send your ideas to a few others also for an opinion. Any company can book any lodge and some cheaper than what Asilia might offer. As they have Nett and rack rates. You have probably been quoted the rack rate and some operators can better this. All in all in doesnt hurt to ask around.

2. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 27, 2010
Philadelphia
3. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

Do you have any other suggestions of companies we should look into for price comparisons?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 8
4. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

There are many postings on here suggesting companies. If you do a search you will find them. NE has a list of them and he will probably respond with those. Basecamp Tanzania always gets good reviews on here. You can also look on the member page of www.tatotz.com and there will be quite a few safari operators listed there that you can contact. I would suggest that you contact 5 or 6 companies to get some comparisons. Make certain that you provide them all with the same information.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
5. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

I would try these and the list is not exhaustive

leopard tours@leopardtours.co.tz

simon@eastafricansafari.info

sunny@arusha.com

shidolya@habari.co.tz

stacy_readal@dumaexplorer.com

stella@access2tanzania.com

www.bushexplores.com

swala@habari.co.tz

donna@maasaiwanderings.com

also

Basecamp, already mentioned. Then Ranger safaris, Roy safaris and/or Simba Safaris.

Essex Fells, New...
6. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

We are also looking to use True Africa. Did you book with them? If so, were you happy? If not, who did you use?

7. Re: Any experiences with "True Africa" safari company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, April 26, 2011