We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

friend abroad..

dublin
friend abroad..

hi , i have been in contact on line with sum1 from the usa the last fews months and he went to kenya in july for work. i spoke to him on the fone the day he left for the airport.he had a driver picking him up to take him. the next day i got an email from a doctor chris adebanjo claiming my friend had been in a car accident and was unconcious.then i got another email stating he needed a blood transfusion and it would cost such a price etc.i have no contact details,dont know any of this mans family back in the states.they say they have his 2 passports,as he has a french 1 and an ameriacan 1.the address on this email was josse memorial hospital,317 mowe lagos,ibadan.i have not been able to find this hospital on any website.there was a phone number and we did ring and sum man answered straight away.im just very concerned for my friends well being

London, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: friend abroad..

If your "friend" was unconcious then how was he able to give the "doctor" your number!!

Come on....read the other posts on here. This story is very familiar. Your "friend" is not injured he is just sitting back with his buddies wondering if another dumb westerner is gonna send him money.

Put your money to better use,

JoJo

cardiff
reviews: 22
2. Re: friend abroad..

Your scammer is a bit confused or he thinks you are daft enough to think Africa is all one place/country! Kenya is nowhere near Nigeria, and Ibadan is definately in Nigeria. Or worse still, your friend is actually american but has lied to you about his travel (so what else..... ? married)therefore you dont owe this person anything. Blood transfusions are given according to need, the main problem in Nigeria is usually the availability (so family/friends/random paid people off the street have to put blood back in the blood bank before you get any) Your 'friend' is lucky to have 2 passports, so the docs have 2 embassies they can contact for help (LOL)

3. Re: friend abroad..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ibadan
Recent Conversations
More Ibadan Topics