We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JT Safaris response time?

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberystwyth, United...
reviews: 4
JT Safaris response time?

Hi everyone

My fiance and I are getting married in July and have been looking for honeymoon ideas, at the moment we seem to be set on the Diani Sea Resort. I've been reading up on the area, possible safaris we could go on and noticed brilliant reviews of JT Safaris.

I noticed it was best to e-mail one question at a time, so I sent 2 enquiries in via the website one about the 1 night safari and the other about the 2 night safari so that we could get an idea on price. I was just wondering if anyone could advise on how long we will be waiting for a reply?

We want to try and make it as special as possible so we're considering maybe paying extra for just ourselves in the vehicle and seeing if there's anything else JT can do to make it a once in a lifetime experience for us :)

Mombasa, Kenya
1. Re: JT Safaris response time?

Hi and congratulations on getting married! :)

If you have time it is better to have at least 2, possibly 3 nights safari. From the South Coast you can do a road trip to Tsavo (East and West) and time permitting, even Amboseli, although it is a little far and probably requires some extra time to enjoy. I think one night safari is a bit too much driving to and from, rather than actual game drives. Although some people do a day trip to Tsavo East, but it is not my cup of tea :) I like to take time on safari.

If you specify to your operator that your are just 2 of you, you should get a quote based on exclusive use of vehicle. Usually it will be the case as what are the chances that someone else would like to do the same over the same days with this particular operator? Sharing a vehicle is usually the case if you are joining a group safari with pre-arranged itinerary. And definitely your own vehicle is an advantage as you will be in control of how long you want to spend on watching elephants or lions :)

You can also travel to Masai Mara, but there you are looking at flying to and from - too far from the coast. It will be a more expensive option but if budget permits, totally worth it. There you have to find out if you have to share a vehicle or perhaps can pay extra for exclusive use as game drives will be by a lodge vehicle.

Also, once at the coast, you can have a much shorter trip: combine a trip to Shimba Hills National Reserve with visiting Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary - 40-60 min from the South Coast resorts. For both you will need a day and can have a picnic lunch or lunch in a lodge in Shimba Hills. For Shimba Hills alone you will need an afternoon: leave after lunch and you will be back by dinner. Make a special even of it - champagne sundowners at the viewing point at Shimba Hills! Shimba is a small park, entry fee is still USD 20 per person and it is the only place where you will see sable antelope in East Afrcia. There are also elephants (smaller and grey, unlike elsewhere), giraffes (there are 3 of them, they are not native to this park), buffaloes, antelopes, warthogs, etc.

Have fun planning and enjoy your trip!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
2. Re: JT Safaris response time?

Just take your time they will respond back to your email but if your not patient just check from other firms too like WTSafaris,Glorious safaris and so many others with good reputation from diani too.

Scotland
reviews: 12
3. Re: JT Safaris response time?

Emmy, I would contact more than one company anyway. You can find that prices differ vastly and there is room for negotiation. We found responses from JT Safaris slow and so confusing that we gave up and ended up going with Beach Air Tours who are also based on the South Coast. Good luck with the wedding and the trip planning.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: JT Safaris response time?

Be patient,but they are plenty of local tour companies we have,wildlife kenya safaris,glorious,plan safaris ,kenyan adventures and beyond safaris( KABS).In the first time i emailed those companies but there response was soo slow ,then we started to exchange emails with doc and he was soo guick so we had all ready booked our safari with( KABS)www.kenyanadventures.co.uk

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
5. Re: JT Safaris response time?

I'm always astonished that companies don't reply immediately and bite your hand off for business. They aren't exactly stretched at present. It doesn't install confidence in them to provide a good service either. I would try alternatives - plenty recommended on here.

Aberystwyth, United...
6. Re: JT Safaris response time?

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm on my mobile at the moment so will get searching tonight when I get home :)

Aberystwyth, United...
7. Re: JT Safaris response time?

I have contacted a couple more companies, so am hoping to start hearing from them soon.

Has anyone stayed at any of the camps? I've just been looking at the lodges on the Glorious Safaris page and noticed they have a couple of camps listed for accomodation options. I'll probably sound really naive, as I would love to stay in one of the camps, but I'd be scared of how secure it was from the animals

Preston, United...
reviews: 7
8. Re: JT Safaris response time?

congratulations on getting wed .

I am the most impatient person in the world .we have used glorious safaris for the last 3 safaris now and are already planning next years .

give shadrack a email tonight and he will almost certainly get back to you tomorrow or over the weekend at the latest.

we have stayed at quite a few camps /lodges now and i think all of them had electric fences on the perimeter but it doesn't stop the animals all the time .but to be honest it would be great to see a wild animal strolling through the lodge .

what lodges have you been looking at . really would try to do more than one night though otherwise you will have to just come back next year to see what you missed .

julie

Aberystwyth, United...
9. Re: JT Safaris response time?

I e-mailed Shadrack about a 3 day safari the Tsavo East - Amboseli safari, but I'm also tempted by Tsavo East and West Ngulia 3 day safari.

I like the look of Ngulia Safari Lodge or Severin Safari Camp, but I have no idea which ones I should be looking at etc, so am probably looking at the wrong ones for the safaris we want to do

Derby, United...
reviews: 8
10. Re: JT Safaris response time?

We are going on safari for my wife's 50'th in less than 3 weeks. I have been working on this holiday for over a year,as like you I want to get things right,and I have been talking to Julius ( the owner of JT Safaris ) for many months.I have found him to be very helpful giving me lots of advice as like you I had not got a clue what I wanted,Julius advised me on a few camps etc.After doing lots of extra work I found his comments to be as other TripAdvisors have said.

He will and has repled everytime ,someone who never gives up in my mind.

I did have to send two emails twice ,but he did reply,his prices were also very competitive .hope this helps a little.hope things go well for you Try and read some of the reports on JT Safaris.

T.J

Get answers to your questions about Ukunda