We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swanley, United...
Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

I've just booked this hotel but have one stroppy 14 year old to take as well !! Will there be enough for him to do if he doesn't find another friend?? Bit worried he's going to get bored for 14 nights.

12 replies to this topic
Devon uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

Enlist the support of the animation team, they run a diverse program of activities and will do all they can to keep your 14 year old busy. The first time we went it was with our then 15 year old daughter, the hotel was quiet but she really enjoyed her stay even though there were very few young people about. Pedro at the Barracuda dive school offers wind surfing, kite surfing, bogie boards and snorkelling equipment that can be loaned by hotel guest along with expert tuition and supervision. It is worth considering a trip back into Mombasa to visit Haller park or the water park, you would find it cheaper go independently by taxi rather than book an organised trip through the travel reps. If you get a taxi agree the price before you leave, expect to pay about £45 for the day, the taxi driver will remain with you throughout the day and you could do the water park in the morning and then Heller Park in the afternoon, you can hand feed the giraffe at 4.30 p.m.

Swanley, United...
2. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

thanks for your reply - sounds like there'll be plenty to do for him

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

Might soon be visiting with a 15-year-old daughter and was just wondering if there are any other day activities available at the resort apart from the water stuff?

Also what is the beach like? I keep hearing that it is rocky when no tide, that there is sometimes a lot of seaweed that does not get cleaned and that Diani is nicer. Also is it a pretty sure thing (in terms of weather and water) that you can do windsurfing?

London - UK
reviews: 8
4. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

We have just booked to go in the last 2 weeks of August 13. Anybody else going around that time?

Devon uk
reviews: 1
5. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

There are very few days when there isn't enough wind to windsurf. The hotel staff do clear the seaweed everyday on the stretch of beach outside the hotel and yes the beach is rocky at low tidy, there are areas to the left and right of the hotel where you can access the water avoiding the rocks. The beach at Diani has finer sand and few rocks, but there are also few hotels that have beach areas where you can have a sun bed as the high water mark is at the walls of the hotel, the diani stretch of beach is hotel after hotel so less interesting to walk along and because there are so many hotels there are also many more beach sellers. The rocks also mean you get rock pools at low tide which are full of sealife - the beach boy called Prince has really good knowledge of the sealife in the rock pools and it really is worth giving him a few hundred KES to tell you all about it.

The hotel has a large entertainment team and they offer a good range of activities that are not water based, if you would particularly like to do something ask one of the animation team they will do there best to meet your interests. The hotel has a good gym, tennis court, pool and table tennis tables, dart board, beach volley ball and the list of things to do will increase as all areas of the hotel are completed.

nairobi
reviews: 2
6. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

The hotel have very good look after the extensive renovation. Being there for 14 nights will allow you also sample other activities within Mombasa area, eg. city tour, outside dinning, visit to wasini island and day excursions available within Mombasa area, this will be good educational experience for the youngster.

reviews: 5
7. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

Yes, my boyfriend and I will be going then, leaving Gatwick on 17th August. After reading some of the reviews, I am getting very excited already! Who will you be travelling with?

8. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, April 10, 2013

London - UK
reviews: 8
9. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

@ Jacquime

Looks like we are on the same flight and same hotel. Travelling with family & teens

10. Re: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya

Me and my boyfriend are travelling out this Saturday (10th) for 2 weeks....can't wait!

People looking forward to it?

Reply to: Amani Tiwi Beach Resort, Kenya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted