We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasses donation!

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west mids
reviews: 1
Glasses donation!

I wear glasses and I have around 8 or 9 pairs if good condition designer glasses from specsavers that are no good to me any more as my perscription changes everytime I go for eye test.

I would like to give them to a hospital or even eye hospital whilst I am at Diani sea resort, is there any near by?

Chester, United...
1. Re: Glasses donation!

I have some too but i will be on the north coast

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 14
2. Re: Glasses donation!

Charlieliza........ give your glasses to the Kwale Disatrict Eye hospital - use a local taxi driver ...

tinytia ........ have sent you a pm with a name of taxi driver who will take them to the Mombasa Eye clinic by the Hidu temple

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 18
3. Re: Glasses donation!

As Drakes says Kwale Eye Clinic will welcome them. We took a huge bag a few years back. Also its on the main Ukunda - Mombasa highway so you go right by the door en-route to Diani. They'll gladly give you a guided tour of the clinic too.

west mids
reviews: 1
4. Re: Glasses donation!

Thank you Drakes and Tembo, I will donate them to the Kwale eye clinic, thanks for the advice.

Tinytia good luck on donating yours.

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
5. Re: Glasses donation!

Hi,

well, we left there about 800 glasses over the past 3 years. There is also a place in the Diani Shopping Center, where you can leave this glasses.

If you visit them, you will have the chance to have a look at their work which is really amazing.

Bye

Chrissy

neptune
6. Re: Glasses donation!

i think as said above those glasses are useful but should be taken to makandia eye clinic so that the will know the person to give to after eyes test.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
7. Re: Glasses donation!

Even if the lenses are not useful (eg bifocals) the frames are a big help.

Somerset
Destination Expert
8. Re: Glasses donation!

When we took our bag of specs to Kwale Eye Clinic our driver rummaged through the bag until he found a pair to suit and continued to wear them for the rest of the day. Slightly worrying!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 14
9. Re: Glasses donation!

I can assure charlieliza or anyone else using the Taxi driver I have reccomended that she will not take one pair of glasses for herself or for any other member of her family but saying this I do know there ARE unscrupulous sods who will grab something for themselves .... T -are you losing your touch? surprised you never gave him a slap lol!!!

Somerset
Destination Expert
10. Re: Glasses donation!

If it improved his driving skills who was I to quibble!