We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to see around diani

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 2
things to see around diani

Hi! I'm leaving with my boyfriend on the 25/08 to Diani. We booked a 2 week stay at the Indian Ocean Beach Club, which I read was really calm (just what we need).

The idea is to rest for a couple of days, then do a safari at the Masai Mara for 3-4 days, come back and take a few day trips around diani.

Can anybody advise us on whom to contact for the safari (we heard it is cheaper to book it from kenya), and what kind of day trips we can do?

thanks and have a nice day!

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: things to see around diani

Hi,

we stayed at the Indian Ocean Beach Club in february this year and it was really great. Good for relaxing and the beach was fantastic.

Well, we have a kenyan operator whom we are using for years and we always have been and we still are very confident with him. From our experience we can highly recommand him.

His name is Doc Wilfred Omae and his agency called Kenyan Adventures and beyond safaris.

You can contact him via e-mail: omaewilfred@yahoo.com

Because most of the accomodations in the Mara and the flights are fullbooked (Migration time) it will be better to ask in advance via e-mail about some offers.

There are many other possibilities for day trips, e.g.

- Wasini or snorkeling somewhere else

- Day Trip to Mombasa with Haller Park and maybe Akamba wodden

factory, the market, Fort Jesus

- Shimba hills

- Thamarind Dhow

- Visiting Ukunda.

Wish you good luck for your plannings and a very nice holiday

Bye

Chrissy

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: things to see around diani

Hello there

We've always used Timken Tours in Diani Beach (Directly opposite Neptune Paradise Village) e-mail Nancy or Timothy at timkentours@yahoo.com / website http://www.timkentours.com/ - tell them we've recommended you (Dave & Jenny Hill) and you might even get a better deal.....

We're going back to Kenya for a third time in October and have booked with Timken to fly from Ukunda to the Maasai Mara for 4-days/3-nights safari staying at Masra Serena Lodge - can't wait.

Good luck and enjoy your safari.

Dave & Jenny Hill

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
3. Re: things to see around diani

This time of year, availability in the Mara will be limited. Book if you can asap before you go.

Colobus Cottage is worth a visit to see the work preserving the beautiful Colobus monkey.

Ali Barbours restaurant or 40 thieves beach bar both recommended. Curry and beach cricket on a Sunday!

London
4. Re: things to see around diani

Hi

I certainly would not risk waiting until you get there to book your safari, this is the peak of the high season and it would be awful for you to get there an d not be able to find a space.

If you try book through local operators brofre you travel you should still get a good price.

I can recomend www.secretsofafrica.com having travelled with them several times up to now, and going through them again in October.

If you are interested in visiting an orphange a friend of mine runs one inland from Diani, it's called Watoto wa Kenya. let me know if you want contact details for her. The woman who runs it such a nice person, gave up everything she had in America to set the place up

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 2
5. Re: things to see around diani

Thanks to everybody! I asked for information to the people you advised, so I'll let you know how it goes!

6. Re: things to see around diani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 06, 2009