We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Which Kisumu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hi I need to get the info about getting from Kisumu airport to Bungoma! I have been to few website but none of it provide the info that i need. Please advice!!! Thanks!!

9 replies to this topic
London,Kenya and...
reviews: 81
1. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hey,

the best way depending on your budget would be by hire of a private car or taxi or alternatively by public transport.All available in Kisumu CBD.Inbox me if you need any info.

Byron.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
2. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Best route is Kisumu-Busia highway, turn off towards Nambale just before Busia through Mumias to Bungoma.

Edited: 3:43 pm, January 02, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hi, How much will it cost if hire a private car or taxi from Kisumu to Bungoma? What about the Public Transport from Kusumu?

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hi Byron,

I need more info about the trip from Kisumu to Bungoma. As it is a suprise visit to my boyfriend, so I can't ask him to come to pick me up at Kisumu airport. So how much would it cost if Taxi from kisumu airport to bungoma? or public transport from Kisumu to bungoma? Where to catch the public transport?

London,Kenya and...
reviews: 81
5. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hey,

by public transport it will cost you 350/- to Bungoma up to 450/- depending on the 'matatu' you use.A private taxi to Bungoma from my inquiry will cost you 3000/-.All the prices in Kenyan shillings. From Kisumu airport there are licensed taxis to the city centre and just get them to drop you at the main bus 'stage'.Alternatively use easycoach http://www.easycoach.co.ke/ for part of the journey to Kakamega.

Hope this is of benefit to you.

regards,

Byron.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
6. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

When are you coming? We do this so often to meet our visitors. If you hire a private vehicle, you don't need to go into Kisumu - just head off towards Busia, then right to Mumias - all tarmac (much of it new), as is Mumias - Bungoma.

If you use Easy Coach to Kakamega, you still have to get to Bungoma!!

There are taxis at Kisumu Airport. I need to look for a card of one of them for you..... Got it!! Let me know on which flight you are coming and when. I can text him for you - he doesn't have a website. I don't know him! Someone just asked at theAirport for another TA visitor. Or you can text him yourself. Bob Agwanda +254 725 389 200

Do you know exactly where your boyfriend stays? Is it in Bungoma town or in the County somewhere? That will make a differnce to the cost. We are in Bungoma County, but about 1/2 hour from the town.

I hope this helps you.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hi Byron,

Thanks a lot for all the info. I think I will hire a private taxi from the airport.

The cost is affordable :)

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Hi,

my boyfriend is staying few KM away from the bungoma city. It is H Young & Co camp. I believe the drive knows about this place. Thanks for your help!!!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
9. Re: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma

Byron - which taxi will do it for 3000/- please. Bob has quoted 5500/-.

Bella - you'd be better off using a taxi. There doesn't seem to be any public transport from the Airport to town, so you have to get a taxi to the bus stand anyway. It will be much simpler and quicker (and safer) to get a taxi from the Airport to Bungoma. The H Young Camp is on the main road.

Edited: 10:17 am, January 29, 2014
Reply to: From Kisumu international airport to Bungoma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kisumu