We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Europe

Cologne, Germany
reviews: 3
Flights from Europe

which airlines do fly from Europe to Maun and allow a stopover in Jo'burg?

thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Flights from Europe

Probably only SAA.

I can't say for sure, but I suspect only regional airlines use Maun - eg SAA, Air Botswana, Air Namibia....

Usually, airport websites say who flies there.

I know there are no direct flights from the UK (to Maun), and given that the number of people going through Maun probably only fill a few 6 or 8-seater Cessnas per day (hopping out to the camps in the Delta), there isn't a huge volume to justify large planes into Maun.

Flights also go to Vic Falls from Joburg, and some people make a trip of both the Falls and the Delta.

South Africa
2. Re: Flights from Europe

HI there,

unfortunately there are no direct flights from Europe to Maun. Your best bet is choosing an airline that is part of the Star Alliance or another alliance and therefore codeshares. with Air Botswana and SAA. This means, you should try South African Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, British Airways.

All these flights will guide you via Johannesburg. Make sure you have a spare set of clothing in your hand luggage just in case your luggage gets delayed.

Enjoy your holiday

Katja - Jenman Safaris

3. Re: Flights from Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 10, 2010