We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Yasur via boat

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 22
Travel to Yasur via boat

Hi

I am enjoying all the commentary about visiting Tanna, as we plan to do this in May (my husband and I, with our 5 year old and my 75 year old mother). I was wondering if any tour operators take a boat from the Aiport side around to the volcano side? It seems to me if the roads are so rugged, causing such wear and tear on the vehicles that maybe a boat would be a better way to go around? I am sure there must be a reason, maybe the ocean is too rough around there, and the tides too strong?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 56
1. Re: Travel to Yasur via boat

Not that I know of. There aren't many 'pleasure craft' on Tanna, just little tinnies, banana boats and cargo ships.

It would take hours to get there in a boat and then a rough car journey to get you from the water around to the accessible side of the volcano anyway.

Your mum would be more comfortable in a 4WD.

Have fun!

Edited: 12:03 am, March 28, 2013
2. Re: Travel to Yasur via boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island