We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalow near Yasur volcano

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 4
Bungalow near Yasur volcano

Greetings from Vanuatu guys!

I've been travelling around this wonderful archipelago for 2 months by now, and I plan to stay in Vanuatu at least 3-4 more months. (When I am not moving around I live in Bremen, Germany.) I am in Tanna now, resting in Lenakel before going to Ambrym, and I just thought of sharing my latest discovery: a new place to stay near the famous volcano Yasur, opened last year I think. It's a perfect Tropical Retreat away from tourists :) and a great base for hiking around -- the volcano, creeks, forests, hot springs, beaches, and a couple of local villages are all in vicinity! I slept 2 nights in a bamboo house (bungalow called YASUR VIEW) on a clearance on top of a little hill amidst a garden of tropical flowers, a pristine river was just down for morning swim, all around was view of mountainous rainforests and the best view of Yasur volcano one can probably have (from your dining table I watched natural fireworks -> if it's level 2 or above, check online!).

The owner is called Mike Sam, he's an amazing 21 year old guy, still learning about tourists but speaks English and knows the area around like his pocket, he can take you anywhere. And mind you, unlike in some other places arund the volcano: THIS ONE IS QUITE NEAT AND CLEAN, AND IT'S CHEAP. Up to 3 people can stay, and you also got a small kitchen with gas stove and cutlery next to the dining house if you're into your own food. Mike and his family live 4 min. walk away through the forest, so you are your own king. They can come and bring you local foods every day if you wish, that's all.

Location... Uhm hahaha, it's around 2-3km from the volcano, right here:

http://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=-19.543371,169.414372&daddr=Tanna,+Vanuatu&hl=en&sll=-19.544504,169.416947&sspn=0.017997,0.027595&geocode=%3BCThTDDSplDYUFaI31v4d_DEYCik9c95a-PaHbjFHjO0KkmUmIQ&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&t=m&z=15. Mike can arrange airport pick up, but I came by myself (took a shared truck to volcano, backpacked around until I found myself in Kalili village and found Mike there). He's got a phone, it's 5640197, he can give more information when the weather is sunny so he can charge the battery of his mobile phone.

Have fun

Toboje

1. Re: Bungalow near Yasur volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island