We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation - how long to stay?

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NSW Australia
reviews: 3
Accommodation - how long to stay?

Hey, my soon to be husband and I are going to Vanuatu in March for our honeymoon and not too sure where to stay?

We're looking to stay a night or two at Bayan Castle Bungalow and do a volcano tour while there.

We are wanting to stay on either a bungalow or resort on a beach for a few days as well, and really want to see the Blue Cave of Tanna. Any suggestions for where to stay/what beach?

Or any other activities we should do/places to see?

Thanks for your help :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 57
1. Re: Accommodation - how long to stay?

Hi and congrats for your upcoming marriage.

All flights to Tanna leave from Port Vila. If you want to be close to Blue Cave stay at Tanna Evergreen who have various levels of accommodation, good food and they can also take you to the volcano. They also do a good tour to Louinia village, a Black Magic Tour, flights over the volcano in the day and can organise a driver for you to take you any place of interest on the island. We did this in October and stayed in Bungalow 6 (Ocean View). March is the end of the rainy season so I would stay on the airport side of the island if you don't have long..so you don't get stranded and can meet your return flight...the roads across the ash plains get impassable in bad weather.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 20
2. Re: Accommodation - how long to stay?

Hello and Congrats.

I agree with P&L. Do that.

J

3. Re: Accommodation - how long to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island