We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tana Volcano Tour

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 3
Tana Volcano Tour

can anyone help? when is the best time or best tour to do for the volocano tour,,, day, dusk or night/overnight ... best time for viewing/experience?

i am looking at going in feb 2013

thankyou for yr help

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 35
1. Re: Tana Volcano Tour

You will only get the full effect of the volcano after dark (google it to see pictures of it during day and night and you will see what I mean). You are best to stay a few nights to ensure the weather is good for you to get to the volcano (the ash plains around it and the creeks that cut through them are not passable in wet weather). Feb is in the middle of the rainy season. And while you are there you can always take a flight over the volcano in daylight and there are plenty of other things to see/do while you are there too.

New Zealand
reviews: 50
2. Re: Tana Volcano Tour

being there in the rainy season I would allow PLENTY of time for travel over the island from the airport side - the roads are very interesting with huge pot holes and with the rain, I would imagine will be very slippery. A great adventure nevertheless. Our tour to the volcano allowed us dusk viewing and then night fell fairly quickly so we got the best of both worlds - take a torch with you for getting down the volcano so you can see where you are going. We had 2 nights on Tanna and would have preferred more, but if you are only going for the volcano - then allow 2 nights / 3 days minimum. Enjoy.

3. Re: Tana Volcano Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island