We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sligo, Ireland
What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Hi, Just wondering if its cheaper to book my overnight Tanna Island tour through the Airtaxi website at 44,000VT or wait until i get to Port Vila and book through the Hotel ill be staying at? any help will be greatly appreciated....just think 44,000 is expensive for a single adult for 1 night!

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 12
1. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Hi keirak,

Actually 44,000 is very good value, especialy that you are paying the same as half of a twin or double room booking!

The standard return flight by Air Vanuatu is 27,580. A volcano tour is 8,900, totaling 36,480. So for the balance of 7,520 you have accommodation, transfers, b/fast and Dinner....that's a great deal.

This is what you get:

- Airport/Resort transfers (within Port Vila)

- Return flight to Tanna

- 4WD adventure tour to Volcano (inc entry fee of 3,800)

- Accommodation at Tanna Evergreen Resort

- Dinner & Breakfast

Booking tours direct from operators or hotels will more often be the same price. If the tour desk of a hotel sells the tour, the tour operator will pay the hotel a commission on the tour, hence have less profit from his tour.

Note: tour operators, like hotels with travel agents do not like to pay commissions for the second party representation & distribution. So as hotels have cut out the travel agents by taking direct bookings via their websites, tour operators want their customers to buy direct from them also.

Where you buy your tours is your choice, but now you know the dynamics at play.

Cheers,

John

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 12
2. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Here is a link to the tour: airtaxivanuatu.com/flights/…

Sligo, Ireland
3. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Thanks John thats great :)

Sydney
reviews: 30
4. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Honestly, the cheapest is probably a commercial return flight and stay 2 nights near the volcano. I went by myself and stayed for 3 nights.

My flights were about 27000VT, transfers from airport to volcano was 5000VT return. Accom was 9600VT which was 3 nights (2 nights in bungalow and one night in a treehouse) and that included all meals. I stayed at the entry of the volcano (Mt Yasur camping Ground).

The reason I say to stay more than one night is that you might be unlucky that the one night you stay, the weather conditions are really bad and you won't see anything worthwhile (I have heard several personal accounts of this happening).

If you want any more info don't hesitate to contact me. I know how difficult it can be to get info on Tanna as a tourist.

Sligo, Ireland
5. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

I know i should have booked a commercial flight but I was told I needed a guide to get from the airport on tanna to my accom and volcano, so i have unfortunately booked with airtaxi and fingers crossed i get good weather...Thanks so much for posting your response i really appreciate it :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 39
6. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

I think you are best to stay nearer the airport end of the island on a short trip of 1-3 nights. If you get some rain you may not be able to get back to the airport across flooded creeks and are closer to some other attractions. You wont be disappointed with Air Taxi and will get a more fun and personal flight than a commercial one. You are probably staying in a more comfortable level of accommodation too on your tour (with power etc). Staying a few nights gives you a chance to see some other attractions on Tanna too.

Have a great trip!

Canada
reviews: 96
7. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

Okay so I am intrigued... Keirak? How did it go?

I want to do the same thing and I wonder if airtaxi is any better that Unity

?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 3
8. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

hi equinny,

i was wondering if you could tell me more about the tree house accomadation, who do u book through, how was the stay/experience in the tree house, cost ect, anything you can tell me, i am looking at going to vanuatu in feb, and also doing the tana volcano tour..

and regarding the tour, which is the best time to go/experience, day tour/dusk/ or night/overnight tour.

yr feedback would be great.

9. Re: What the cheapest way to book an overnight tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island