We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 13
Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Yep, special of the day in August is whales! https:/…5782743267724005489

Cheers,

John

Tanna Island...
11. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Ooops, that should read:

Whales (...not turtles) migrate with their young in front of the resort around August to December, they linger here as we have a lot of underground hot springs released in the near ocean, and being mammals they appreciate the warm water.

Cheers,

John

Port Vila, Vanuatu
12. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

JUNE: Whales are migrating again, we are seeing them on the West coast (Airport side) of Tanna island.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 56
13. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

They came early to QLD too John!

Adelaide
14. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

I was going to tell you to mention to them to stay there for a while John, it's too bleeping cold here still! That is early for both Qld and Tanna. Sitting by the beach tonight watching the sunset in the freeeeeezing cold wind... we both said we'd so much rather be sitting on the deck at Evergreen watching those whales :)

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 18
15. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Any chance of them still being there in early August?

Port Vila, Vanuatu
16. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

I will ask them next time they are here, although my wife says I can talk under water, it is hard to get a word in with these guys, their always chatting...!

...Yes August is still possible, and don't forget August is THE party month on Tanna, see:

https:/…

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 18
17. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Hi John, we are staying with you for 4 nights from 3rd August and we are really looking forward to it- is there likely to be anything happening on the party front at this time??

Port Vila, Vanuatu
18. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

Yes there will be as every year the villages welcoming their young boys after their "Manhood" ordeal in the month of August. As to guarantee there is one whilst you are here I cannot promise because these things are organized for them not tourism, but travelers are welcomed to join (the celebration, not the act... a sigh of relief for male travelers!).

If you want to obtain more info on what to do while here go to this page and clink on the links provided for images: www.tannaevergreenresorttours.com/tours/

Sit on the right side of the plane flying into Tanna, you will see the coastline. :-)

19. Re: Whales for breakfast on Tanna...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island