We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Tanna?

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Where to stay in Tanna?

Hi all,

I'm tossing up between staying in Evergreen or Sunset Bungalows in Tanna, and notice quite a difference in price, but would love to hear some opinions on what might be best. We're pretty "rugged" people who go camping often, but it may also be nice to have some good views, etc.

The town markets also sound interesting... is it easy enough to get into the town from either accommodation place?

Thanks for your help!

Luke.

Feilding
11. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

Rocky ridge bungalow is awesome and cheap

It's got great views and is only about 100 metres from the blue hole

Tom will arrange transport every where you want to go

And Margaret treats you as part of her family

We stayed there in may and would go back tomorrow. Other places are good if you want to pay

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
12. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

Whitegrass Resort would be my pick. One of the only properties on the island to have consistent generator power day/night, good facilities, excellent food as well.

Location as well cannot be beaten.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
13. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

Does anyone know how to contact the tree top lodge to book? I'm trying to confirm bookings for a trip at the tnd of October. Thanks!

Sydney
reviews: 30
14. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

I stayed at Mr Yasur Camping Ground (6th - 9th Oct, 2012) which is at the volcano entry. It is probably the cheapest place to stay in Tanna. The owners are lovely and they can provide all meals which are delicious and very filling. It is very back to basics however so if you're fine with rugged then you will be at home. They can arrange transport and a guide for your visit up the volcano. http://www.yasur-tree-friend.com

I booked by emailing yasurtreefront@gmail.com

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 12
15. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

...."Other places are good if you want to pay"

Hmmm...suggesting Rocky Ridge (friends of ours) is cheap in comparison to what?....all depends of your criteria of value for money as each offers different things, some of those things are more important to some than others.

Cheers,

John

Edited: 12:12 am, October 21, 2012
16. Re: Where to stay in Tanna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island