We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yasur volcano tours

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 8
Yasur volcano tours

We are going to Vila in June and have been recommended to visit Tanna for a night. I have read it is better to visit it at sunset.

Would it be better to do a sunset trek to the volcano, or do a fly over at sunset?

I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend a good tour which might incorporate one or both of the above, plus obviously a night of accomodation and transfers with Vila.

Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 35
1. Re: Yasur volcano tours

If you want to stay the night fly with Air Vanuatu and stay at Tanna Evergreen Resort. Once there you will probably wish you had stayed longer, 2+ nights is recommended. There is heaps to see other than the volcano.

If you would like a scenic flight from Vila in a small seaplane instead of the large commercial flight have a look at vanuatuseaplanes.com/vila-flights-in-english… They do day trips and overnight trips.

Unity Airlines also does a day trip with twilight flyover or an overnight trip.

New Zealand
reviews: 50
2. Re: Yasur volcano tours

do at least a night on Tanna unless you are really pushed for time, stay another night - well worth it, it's a very interesting island and so much more than just the volcano to see (which is obviously spectacular in so many ways). enjoy.

Adelaide
3. Re: Yasur volcano tours

I'd also encourage you to stay on Tanna for longer if at all possible. There is quite a bit of travel and expense involved just to get to the volcano (which is worth it many times over) so while you are there on Tanna it would be a pity not to see more of what is an amazing, magical place.

On the airport side of the island, Evergreen Resort is excellent, and on the volcano side we stayed at the very basic but lovely Tanna Island Dream bungalows.

Cheers, Barbara

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 17
4. Re: Yasur volcano tours

ck you will find that most of the tours leave midafternoon in order to get to Yasur at sunset (depending on where you are staying of course).

Definately try and stay a couple of nights at Tanna. As mentioned it is expensive to get there and there are plenty of things to explore. When we went the volcano was not at it's finest. The day before people had not been able to get there at all due to bad weather and some people went again a couple of days later once the weather improved. For me it was the other things we did during the trip that made it worthwhile.

Prescott, Arizona
reviews: 36
5. Re: Yasur volcano tours

Stay at Evergreen and at least overnight. The volcano is spectacular, and the snorkeling out front of Evergreen (at high tide) is not bad.

Whangarei, New...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Yasur volcano tours

hi Spazzle24,

i am interested to hear what the other things were that you did on Tana? I am planning a trip there and keen for ideas.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
7. Re: Yasur volcano tours

Hi pompallier,

While you're waiting for a response from spazzle. Take a look at the Tanna tourism site. Lots of good ideas there.

http://www.tafea-tourism.com/?Tanna

Hope this helps,

Jen

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 12
8. Re: Yasur volcano tours

The three "Must Do" tours are Volcano, then one of the Nambas Custom village such as yakel, then the Blue Cave (different from the Blue Hole, which is free).

Will post picsof Blue Cave soon to my Picasa image library: https:/… (instaling satelite dish today!).

Then you can do horseriding, Ipai village, Banyan Tree, Port Resolution and fumerols, Shark Bay, and other tours...off course don't forget the markets and John Frum village on Friday evenings.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
9. Re: Yasur volcano tours

Awesome pics John.

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Yasur volcano tours

We are planning to visit the volcano in oct this year? Is it still active?

Get answers to your questions about Tanna Island