We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Santo

Which Espiritu Santo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 19
Accommodation in Santo

Anyone stayed at Turtle Bay Resort "recently"? Any comments?

We want to spend 2-3 nights somewhere before or after 5 nights at Oyster Island.

Aore is too expensive, unfortunately.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
1. Re: Accommodation in Santo

Hi Pacifictraveller,

Turtle Bay Resort and Oyster Island are in the same small bay. There is virtually no difference in the environment between the two resorts, except that one is an island surrounded by small bays and beaches.

Personally I would go for a couple of days in town. We stayed at Hotel Santo which is rather quaint and reminiscent of an old movie set. The food we had there was very good and the rooms are somewhat basic but clean and very comfortable, set in a lovely tropical garden. The restaurant area has been under renovation recently which is bound to be complete by now.

A few kilometres away is Coral Quays resort which is probably even a bit nicer again but it is not right in town and you have to use a taxi to get to the shops or banks.

Hope this helps,

Jen

Campbelltown...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Accommodation in Santo

We have stayed at coral quays and didnt find the distance into town a problem. We liked it there and the food was great, bungalows clean and staff were friendly.

Jody

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Accommodation in Santo

We stayed at Deco Stop and thought it was fantastic. Beautiful views, great food and brilliant hosts.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Accommodation in Santo

How long ago did you stay at Deco Stop and did you check out any other places?

I now think it might be a good idea to spend 5-6 nights at Oyster Island and leave thelast 2-3 nights "open" and book from there....probably Coral Quays or Deco Stop.

Is there much difference in quality and standard?

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Accommodation in Santo

We stayed there in November for 5 nights which turned into 6 when hubby got sick (nothing to do with the resort!!). We didn't look at any of the resorts out of town but certainly thought we had the pick of resorts in town. Deco stop looked far fresher and had the great view (mind you you do need to be reasonably fit to walk up the hill). I was also impressed at the level of care from the managers and staff when hubby was ill. Rooms 8 and 9 would be my pick if you get to choose. It is also an excellent place to stay if you are diving - complete with a drying room for all your gear.

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Accommodation in Santo

Thanks for the info.

Did you do any excursions that you could recommend? What about nice places for dinner?

Campbelltown...
reviews: 31
7. Re: Accommodation in Santo

Lonnoc and champagne beaches are definately worth a trip out to. They are next to each other so do them on the same day. Then go to a blue hole on the way back.

Million dollar point is also an amazing place to visit and snorkel. I was amazed at what is in the water. We also did a WWII history tour that was very interesting. We were taken to plane crash sites where the plane is still there, the old WWII runway and the site where the hospital use to be. All the buildings concrete pads are still there and as you are walking around you get a real sense of what it was like for them.

Jody

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Accommodation in Santo

Thanks. When staying in town where are nice places to have dinner?

I 'think" what we'll do now is since we arrive in Santo after 5 we'll stay the night in town...possibly Hotel Santo, stay at Oyster Island for 5-6 nights and leave the last 1 or 2 nights "open" and possibly stay at either Deco or Coral Quays unless we decide to extend Oyster.

What's the easiest/cheapest way to get from town to Oyster?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
9. Re: Accommodation in Santo

As to excursions and nice places for dinner...

Natangora Cafe is the pick of places in town to eat. Lonnoc Beach Restaurant does a lovely curry with a view combination, but stay for the whole day as its a long way. Coral Quays does terrific santo beef dishes. The supermarket in town does delicious meaty pastry things that are perfect for lunches or picnics. Stop in at Hotel Santo for breakfast, lunch or dinner and give it a try. The foods we enjoyed there were all good.

Here's a list you may not have seen yet

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19649-7_day_tr…

Happy travels,

Jen

Sydney, Australia
10. Re: Accommodation in Santo

Thanks Jen.

Is Lonnoc Restaurant at Lonnoc Beach Bungalows??

We're vegetarian and fish eaters....???? Any recommendations?