We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 nights in Tonga

Which Tongatapu Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melb. Australia
reviews: 12
14 nights in Tonga

We are planning a 14 night holiday during April in Tonga and would appreciate any comments as to how we should plan it.

We are thinking 5 nights at Fa Fa Island resort.

Rest of the time no plans made but feel about 2 other stopovers would be the way to go.

Would appreciate any input.

dorset
reviews: 38
1. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

Vava'u is very pretty. We went and stayed at the Reef Resort, which is quite luxurious. It has a nice beach and snorkelling out the front.

You do need to fly up on the notorious Tongan airlines to get there though. I believe people often combine a few days here with somewhere more rustic and remote like Treasure Island.

Melb. Australia
2. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

Thanks for your reply we are now staying at Mounu Island for 5 nights and then Reef Resort for 4 nights followed by Fafa Island. Is there much do other than lie around, which we do not mind. Did you go into Vava'u from Reef Resort? What about alcohol prices? Should we take anything to these resorts?

Tonga airlines sounds like a real challenge.

AUCKLAND
3. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

Hi there. Husband and I stayed on Fafa a couple of years ago and are going again in July. Last time we were there (August) a whale swam by the beach. The food was fantastic (we are very particular about food)- I would rate it as 4 star level. Fresh homemade croisants in the morning, tropical fruits.. Fales were comfortable-made using traditional building materials. The island is big enough to have a decent walk and snorkelling is good just off the beach. Wouldn't reccommend staying on mainland if you can help it.

Tonga
4. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

Hi

I'm not sure what date you will be in Tonga but I thought I would give some input any way. I live in Tonga as of December 2007. I am a Kiwi and I am married to a Tongan.

I have been a guest at many resorts, hotels, bed & breakfast and hotels. Fa Fa is fabuolous especially if you want to relax and staff and the owner are very pleastant and helpful.

I would recommend staying on the main land in a B&B still having your home comforts then hiring a car approx price from Fab rentals at $50 Tongan per day I have used them many times,then you can go and discover the differant beaches etc.

I have also been to Va'Vau and it is beutiful as we were on a Cruise I don't know what the accomadation is like.

A must is a very quik boat trip to Pangaimotu island my favourite. When you go to the wharf go to Reef cafe. A lot of tourist go there and we like going there to catch up with other tourist.

Hope this of help and not to late

I'm in N.Z at the moment and can't wait to back to my laid back Saturday week

Linda

Melb. Australia
5. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

Thanks Linda for your input.

Great help.

We are off Tuesday and looking forward to it.

6. Re: 14 nights in Tonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tongatapu Island