We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mission trip to leticia

Which Leticia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
mission trip to leticia

Our son left for a missions trip to Leticia and has been emailing us for the last few days saying that he wants to come home. We have no phone contact and only a small email per day from our son which tells us that he is staying in a shed reading a book most of the time, watching a boat for an hour in the hot sun while he sits and waits on him,and there is no real mission where he is, just a shed and a book to read all the time. I cant call him, cant get the guy to email me back who our son is with, and have no idea what is going on, our son was suppose to go help out with a little school in the amazon, and he is doing nothing like that, his emails dont even make sense., If anyone lives in that area of Leticia and could help me please email me at susanenz65@yahoo.com.

1. Re: mission trip to leticia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:29 am, July 08, 2010
Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 8
2. Re: mission trip to leticia

having been to Letitia recently I can tell you that it is not an isolated outpost. It is quite a good sized, relatively prosperous city. I would contact the police. However, you will need someone who speaks Spanish as there is very litle English spoken there. good luck.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: mission trip to leticia

Everything is fine with the OPer's situation now. The kid is settled in.

Cheers,

Terry

4. Re: mission trip to leticia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2011