We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasane - Stanleys Camp

Australia
reviews: 36
Kasane - Stanleys Camp

Can someone give an idea of how much it costs to fly from Kasane to Stanleys Camp?

And from there what's the easiest/cheapest way to fly to Nairobi?

Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: Kasane - Stanleys Camp

Hi there,

I'm Ben and I work in the London office for Sanctuary Retreats. I received the following information for you from our team in South Africa.

For flights from Kasane to Sanctuary Stanley's Camp:

15 June – 31 October: US$398 per person

1 April – 14 June and 1 November – 31 December: US$389 per person

6 January – 31 March: US$354 per person

From Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp to Nairobi guests will have to fly back to Johannesburg and then from there to Nairobi. Costs are based on what airline you use and we normally book with Kenyan Airways. However, I'm afraid we cannot give you exact prices for this flight.

If you would like to know more information please email me on bridgway@sanctuaryretreats.com

Maun
reviews: 3
2. Re: Kasane - Stanleys Camp

Flights direct from Kasane to Stanleys Camp are always by light aircraft charter flight. A number of airlines do this - the main ones being Mack Air and Moremi Air. Fares range from about $295 - $370 per person based on a minimum of 2 people travelling.

It is quite hard to book these flights by themselves though so your best option is to get your agent to book them with your accommodation.

A slightly cheaper option would be to get a scheduled flight with Air Botswana from Kasane - Maun which costs about $80 pp. From there a charter flight to Stanleys would be about $130 pp. It depends whether you feel the saving is worth the extra hassle.

As Ben said your only real option to get from there to Nairobi would be a charter flight back to Maun. From there you can connect onto a flight to either Gaborone or Johannesburg with Air Botswana. From both these cities Kenya Airways flies to Nairobi. You may find that you need to overnight though before getting the flight to Nairobi.

Mark, Gondwana Tours & Safaris, Maun

Australia
reviews: 36
3. Re: Kasane - Stanleys Camp

Thanks Ben & Mark, I think we'll end up not going to Stanleys Camp, just too expensive.

We really only wanted to walk with the eles.

Reply to: Kasane - Stanleys Camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moremi Game Reserve
More Moremi Game Reserve Topics