We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Which Caracas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 61
Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Hi I am planning a trip to Venezuela in April. I am arriving in Caracas on 25 April and plan to get a tour to Angel Falls in Caracas as I heard it is much more expensive to book a tour from overseas.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know where to look for tour agents in Caracas? Or should I ask the hotel to arrange one for me?

2. I understand April is dry season. Is it still feasible to go to Angel Falls then?

3. I don't speak Spanish. Is it safe to go to Caracas without knowing any Spanish?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Caracas, Venezuela
reviews: 6
1. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

1. Check out Ospery expeditions a local travel agent based in Caracas. http://www.ospreyexpeditions.com/

2. It is the dry season (well coming to the end of it) but I don't know what the water level will be like there. But I imagine you'll still find it impressive. There are other interesting places to visit in Venezuela as well. Have a look at the above website.

3. Safety in Venezuela...I presume you are aware of the current situation in Venezuela.

Anyway not speaking Spanish is not the a danger issue although few locals speak anything English or another language, it just meaans you won't be understood

The main issue is be sensible and aware. The usual things as in don't go out with anything expensive such as your phone, camera, watch etc

Make sure you're back at your hotel before dark unless travelling by taxi (don't be walking about).

Where are you staying? This also is important as there are some better places than others.

Hope this helps.

Any other questions, just ask

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Hi Ascruts

I have emailed and watsapp Osprey but no replies. I have also emailed a few other tour operators but have not heard from them. Is it ok to go directly to a tour operator in Caracas?

I am thinking of staying in JW Marriott. I have read reviews which say the location is ok. I intend to go to La Plaza Bolivia, La Casa Natal de Simon Bolivar and Universidad Central de Venezuela. I will use taxis to these places. Any other recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Isla de Margarita
reviews: 36
3. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Try writting the owner of Osprey Expeditions his name is Ben Rodriguez and his e mail is ben@ospreyexpeditions.com

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Thanks he has replied me.

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Most of the tour agents stop replying after 1 email. Another tour agent offered me a flight over Angel Falls (aerial view) in April as the river will be too shallow to navigate. The price is USD999 (2D/1N). Isn't that too expensive?

Is it a good idea to just fly to Canaima on my own and find a plane to take me over the Angel Falls?

Thanks

Caracas, Venezuela
reviews: 6
6. Re: Caracas and Angel Falls in April

Unfortunately not as easy as that.

Have you tried. Arkana travel.

Reply to: Caracas and Angel Falls in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted