We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overkill at the Airport.

Which Porlamar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Overkill at the Airport.

Is there something seriously wrong with people running this airport when they manually check everyone's baggage not once, but THREE times? Took me two hrs to arrive upstairs where it was stifling hot with no air circulation and the restaurant closing. Why do they insist on treating tourists like absolute crap at Santiago Marino Airport? Several people were so angry that they vowed never to return to Margarita again. Air Transat says that they tried to talk to officials to speed things up for travellers but that they just will not listen. Not even Caracass has this much security and the drug lords actually live there. What is wrong with these people in Margarita. The worst airport in the Carribean, hands down. They treat you like sh*t. I help their economy and they treat me worse than sh*t upon exit. There's something serioulsy wrong with this airport. I'm sick of their attitude. I don't need this treatment from Margarita. Really makes me angry that they have this lousy attitude. That's gratitude for you. They really go out of their way to discourage recidivism. They litterally go the extra mile in this department at that God forsaken airport and tourists should be aware of it.

53 replies to this topic
Hamilton, Canada
51. Re: Overkill at the Airport.

I stay near Bella Vista beach, but to make a drug buy on it is the stupidest place you can do it. There are always cops on motorbikes patrolling, It has a noticeable police presence at certain times of day.

reviews: 1
52. Re: Overkill at the Airport.

Hey there, so have you recently gone back to margarita island? i want to go soon to see a friend. i Live in Ottawa. any advicesÉ

Mablethorpe, United...
reviews: 4
53. Re: Overkill at the Airport.

Would like to add one point. We were advised to put valuables in our case when leaving in 2010 whick seemed a bit strange but there you go random search of bags by security found of course nothing got home late so did not open bags until morning. When opened camera camcorder and other,er valubles had been taken from case hope the local'policemans family ate well that week.

Reply to: Overkill at the Airport.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porlamar