We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickpockets at Margarita Airport

Which Porlamar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alkmaar
reviews: 1
Pickpockets at Margarita Airport

On Feb 16, 2011 the customofficers at Margarita Airport tried to pick my pockets!

What happened was this. Just before being admitted to the departure lounge there is a final check. One customsofficer asked for my passport and started a conversation. Another customsofficer started frisking me, patting my body. And that very moment, I noticed this just in time, a third officer had his paws in my pocket and already has his hands on my money. I acted in disbelief and anger and this "person" immediately stepped away.

I think all three of them were in on it.

By the way: I had one of my best times ever on Margarita this year, except for the incident at the airport.

31 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
reviews: 3
31. Re: Pickpockets at Margarita Airport

You're absolutely right Playa El Agua. I've been through the airport security machine thousands of times (I lived on the island for 20 years and went in and out of the airport constantly. The belt is only about 10 feet long. You put your phone on the top, bag on the belt, walk through the detector and you never lose sight of anything. I just saw, this is a very old thread.

Reply to: Pickpockets at Margarita Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porlamar