We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

Topsail, NL
reviews: 2
US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

Can you get the same rate of exchange (to Bolivers) on US traveller's cheques as you would US cash when you are on the island?

venezuela
reviews: 1
1. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

no

Minneapolis, MN
2. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

Try to take cash. I was exchanging cash at 2500, but did exchange one $20 travelers check at the end of the trip, but only got 2300.

Topsail, NL
reviews: 2
3. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

I thought that 2300 was the normal rate these days for US cash? Where did you get 2500? I don't want to be wasting time trying to get the best value for the US dollar.

Toronto, Ontario
4. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

If you're only exchanging $20USD, who cares if it's 2300 or 2500. I always exchanged at least $200US, then I'd look for good rates.

Depends where you're staying, most money exchanges can be found in malls, etc. They look just like the ones at the airports in Canada.

I'd ask some guests around the hotel where the good rates are. I agree chasing the best rate is a waste of time.

venezuela
5. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

to exchange money at the street in venezuela is a crime. go to a bank 2150 bolivares 1 american dollar

Minneapolis, MN
6. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

I exchanged at Isabella Tours on the main beach drag at Playa del Auga. Ask for Rudy.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
7. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

purpledolphin462 -

From a security point of view it might not be a good idea to publish the name of someone illegally changing money in a public forum. You might not be doing them any favours.

You can delete it by using the "inappropriate content" link:-)

venezuela
8. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

isabela tours at playa el agua????????? the seniat will be very happy to know it.......................

venezuela
9. Re: US Cash or Traveller's Cheques

the new law says 5 years in jail

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island