We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel safety

Edmonton, Canada
Travel safety

Hi we are going to be in margarita on the 26 of march and I was wondering about the safety on the island, now that the president has passed away, is there any degree of caution?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
1. Re: Travel safety

Margarita is very quiet these days.

I was out & about this morning & everything is normal.

A few businesses were closed due to the national mourning but most were open including banks & grocery stores.

By Easter Weeek (Semana Santa) when you are coming everything will be 100% normal.

If you are coming via Caracas make sure you have your national flights booked or you may not find any available.

Edmonton, Canada
2. Re: Travel safety

We are flying direct to margarita via Montreal! What about money, I was told to bring cash in large amounts (50 and 100)?

Isla de Margarita
reviews: 36
3. Re: Travel safety

Correct cash $ is king!!!

Edmonton, Canada
4. Re: Travel safety

Thanks for your advice, I'm sure we will have a great trip! Can't wait!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
5. Re: Travel safety

Make sure it's US$ cash, not CDN$.

6. Re: Travel safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island