We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marcos tours

Which Margarita Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bournemouth UK
reviews: 24
marcos tours

We stayed at The Dunes from 6th-20th April 08. Holiday was great and we highly recommend Marcos. Do not hesitate to use him instead of your tour operator. We contacted him several months before holiday and he replied immediately then he contacted us 2 days before we left UK with up to date prices of the trips we had asked about. He was then waiting for us on the beach the first day, as pre-arranged. We did the 1 day Angel Falls/Canaima National Park (amaazing and so well organised) Marcos also took just the 4 of us on a day seeing the sights of Margarita (much better than trapsing round with a coach load) Our husbands also asked him if he could arrange a fish trip for them? This was arranged immediately and off they went the following day. They had a brilliant day - just the 2 of them with the crew - all lunch, drinks, fishing rods etc included and it tooks days for them to stop praising it!!

Any questions about Marcos (or Margarita) feel free to contact me.

Enjoy your holidays

86 replies to this topic
juangriego
81. Re: marcos tours

Thanks a lot for all your good reviews about Marcostours, we will continue offering the best services with the best prices and there is not complains from our clients.

juangriego
82. Re: marcos tours

Marcostours .

Toronto, Canada
83. Re: marcos tours

Thank you very much to Marcos for the great organized tours during our time in Venezuela. We took a jeep tour around Margarita island, snorkeling tour and the trip to Canaima national park with flight over the Angel fall. The price Marcos offered to us was about 30% less compering with other tour providers. We were very happy with service Marcos provided and his personality made it even better.

Manchester
84. Re: marcos tours

We had a wonderful time again with all excursions organized by Marcos tours., every single detail was brilliant., Jeep tour we saw much more than excursions organized for the hotel and other Companies mentioned here in these forums, our Jeep tour for 35 usd took us to Playa Zaragoza, Playa Caribe

Juangriego village., La asuncion the Caterdral the Santa rosa fort., Basilica de Virgen del Valle., Flea market. Larestinga national park., all Macanao peninsula Pta Arenas beach, La Carmela ., playa el Yaque and a wonderrful sunset in the north area., excellent lunch., cold beers and Pedro an excellent driver with perfect english that answer all our questions-

We wemt snorkeling to los frailes islands excellent also and Catamaran to Cubagua island., this is our visit number four to the island and I will not hesitate in recommned MARCOSTOURS like the best tour company in Margarita Island ,always on time, personalized service., and without complains in these forums.

ontario
reviews: 3
85. Re: marcos tours

There are many tours and many tourguides available in Margarita. You can book a tour through anyone anywhere and it is very easy to do so. I personally chose a guy I met on trip advisor named Marcos Ochos and I highly recommend him!! I booked a tour with him to go to angel falls for a day. Marcos drives you to the airport and you take an 18 seater plane over angel falls, land in Canaima park, hike in the jungle through 2 other waterfalls, have lunch and return. I paid Marcos upon arrival and the day before the tour, as I was warned it may be, the trip was cancelled due to a faulty plane. Marcos had someone at the beach find me with a cell phone so he could tell me the news in adnvance and then met me the next day to return my payment with huge apologies, even though he warned me this could happen. I had emailed Marcos before arriving in Margarita and he helped me with many things and was always very courteous, polite, prompt and professional!!

In leui of the angel falls trip, I booked a jeep tour that everyone I’d met had gone on and was all the rave and was not disappointed in any way. The jeep tour is a great value and if you are only doing one excursion this is probably the best one to do. It is all day and you see many parts of the island and for the money it is a really good deal! I left around 8am and didn’t return to the hotel until around 5pm. My guide, Marcello was very knowledgeable and spoke English enough to help me understand where we were going and what we were seeing. He even stopped upon request for me to take some scenic photos and took them himself for me out his window a few times when my view was obstructed. Marcello went above and beyond for me on this tour and I know that anyone Marcos sets you up with for the day will be a great asset to your adventure.

I also booked a trip to Cubagua island through Marcos and was not disappointed. The tour involves a shuttle to the marina which was clean and comfortable. Then you get on a catamaran and travel by sea to the island. You are given beverages on the catamaran as well as a snack, homemade empanadas!! They were delicious! Once you arrive on the island, they set up a bar and chairs for everyone under some shade, there is a tour through some trails where you can learn about the vegetation and the history of the island and are shown many breathtaking views. After a swim they serve you a delicious lunch, accompanied by more beverages and then you take a small walk to a lagoon that holds magical mud. You are instructed how to apply the mud and helped to do so, then told to sit in the sun for 15 minutes to let the mud dry and bake into your skin. Once this is complete you can swim on the ocean and remove the mud and your skin feels amazing! It’s like you’ve been at a spa all day long receiving priceless ointments and lotions!! Back on the boat you can have more beverages and a wonderful view of the mainland on your return trip to the marina. The bus picked us up promptly upon arrival to the marina and we were taken back to our resort. It was a great day and the best rate I received once again was through Marcos, of Marcos tours. Many people I spoke to while at the Dunes, booked many tours with other people and they advised me they were on Margarita time and that the tours with the other companies cost more than the ones I booked with Marcos and they did not get as much. If you have any questions about any of the tours or how to find Marcos or need further information to find him trustworthy, please do not hesitate to contact me, or him. After a few short emails you will see why he is the best at what he does and that he can be trusted with your adventures while visiting Margarita Island!!

Marshall, Texas
reviews: 4
86. Re: marcos tours

Without Marcos my vacation might have been a nightmare. I started out by missing my connecting flight out of Trinidad which left Marcos standing at the Margarita airport looking and waiting for me. He is a very patient man and helped me with all most all of my arrangements. He was always there when he said he would be. He speaks fluent Spanish and English and is not only an excellent guide it was nice having him to translate transactions rather it be checking in and out of your hotel or making a purchase or doing anything you wanted to. He can set up diving, snorkeling or fishing, but for just touring the island and seeing it's many beautiful sites he is the one to use. Simple put, Marcos Ochoa is just awesome and don't let his one man operation worry you as you will not get a better guide at any price than Marcos Ochoa. He makes sure that you get to do what you want to do on your vacation. He would pick me up at the Le Flamboyant Hotel in Playa El Agua everyday I ask him to and would take me anywhere on the island I wanted to go. Very affordable, kind, patient, attentive, knowledgeable about all island history and can talk Venezuela politics if you wish. I can't say enough about Marcos, he's the best of the best. His phone # is 58-416-495-9986 on Margarita Island. You can reach him using email as well,, marcostours@yahoo.com,

Edited: 12:50 pm, February 02, 2014
Reply to: marcos tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations