We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to easter island

travel to easter island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, June 02, 2013
Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
1. Re: travel to easter island

You may want to check out the Easter Island forum, as more of your questions pertain to itinerary and method, less on air travel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g316040-i7121-East…

NZ
reviews: 26
2. Re: travel to easter island

Be aware that some websites are still showing Lima/EI however that route ceased on the 31 March.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: travel to easter island

Thanks to those of you who answered my question about Easter Island. I'm still wondering if there is an all-inclusive tour to Easter Island from Toronto. And when is the best time of year to go?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 1
4. Re: travel to easter island

most direct option is:

toronto - santiago: air canada

santiago - easter island: LAN

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
5. Re: travel to easter island

With your needs and desires, I'd probably contact a travel agent. You can check prices, based on your specific dates, through any of a number of booking Web sites. Expedia shows you can get there with just one stop, as noted above: Air Canada to Santiago, LAN from there. However, if you want a package and have specific needs, this may be a case where a travel agent is worth the cost.

Before that, you may want to look at a guide book to learn more about seasons, specific attractions, etc. Lonely Planet has a guide book to Chile & Easter Island (EI is part of Chile), and you can even buy and download online just the chapter on Easter Island. Considering the distances involved, you may want to also visit mainland Chile or even Tahiti. We quite enjoyed Santiago. And there's some spectacular scenery in southern Chile.

Edited: 6:30 am, April 08, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
reviews: 59
6. Re: travel to easter island

You can book Toronto to Easter Island on one ticket using American Airlines website. It goes to Miami on American and to Easter Island on LAN via Santiago. It's a long trip so don't forget to give your frequent flyer number when you book! American co--shares with Air Canada (in case you collect AC frequent flyer miles) I could not get Air Canada to accept a flight to Easter Island.

We had the hotel book some tours after we got to Easter Island. Stay in the little town so that you can walk to restaurants and some sites. I loved our little old fashion motel right on the water but, alas, it is no longer there.

FYI The airport code for E I is IPC.

Philadelphia...
7. Re: travel to easter island

I went this past Mar 1-8 right after the festival so prices may have been lower. I stayed at Inaki Uhi hotel for $60 US per night. Ask for Alvaro the owner. He does tours right from his hotel as well as Marc from Green Island Tours and he'll pick you up for full or half day tours. Rent a car insular is also down the street.

Alvaro: paatan@entelchile.net

Marc: greentoursrapanui@yahoo.cl

Car rental was over $100 US per day for automatic but nice to have freedom from some tours.

Email me with specific questions if you want

spitzerphoto@gmail.com

Charlotte NC
reviews: 56
8. Re: travel to easter island

LAN is the best airline to fly. They have non-stop flight from JFK in New York to Santiago and then connecting to Easter Island. We were there at the end of March going into their fall. Prices were lower and crowds were non-existent.

I have a lot of blog posts on our trip which will give you an idea of things cost, the weather and videos of the terrain. Go to journeysbyjill.com to see how we did it.

It was a trip of a lifetime. I hope you are able to get there.

9. Re: travel to easter island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 03, 2014