We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bouganville playa

Which Adeje hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
bouganville playa

Could anyone please let me know the e mail address of the Bouganville Playa please. Also any advice or information about this hotel would be helpful please as the reviews don't seem too good and I am booked to go there next February on a half board basis. Thanks in anticipation.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: bouganville playa

Hi

Try this one

E-mail: bouganville.playa@iberostar.com

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Sunderland
Level Contributor
551 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: bouganville playa

bouganville.playa@iberostar. com Been 3 times this year, the latest being 29th Nov for a week. Have already booked for next year. Hotel is in a great location...I believe rooms will be re-furbished next year. HB is probably the best option although we have been AI.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: bouganville playa

I have been going to this hotel on and off for more than 20 years and prior to departure have requested a room on the sunny side overlooking Las Americas and have had a sunny room each time.

This year the reply was as follows -

"We have checked your reservation and you have booked a double standard room. That means mountain view.

If you prefer to get a pool view there is a supplement charge. If you just want pool view the supplement charge is 5,00 per day for the room. If you prefer to get a pool and sea view room the supplement charge is 10,00 per day.

Please send us a confirmation if you are interested in this option."

The option we chose was the only option available from the Thomson web site other that AI.

The standard rooms are those overlooking the car park, main road and the bars, Pheasant Plucker etc. These room will get little sun, if any at all in winter.

Rather than have our holiday spoilt we paid up on arrival, no help from the Thomson rep about this.

The room had been redecorated and a new bath installed. It took about one hour to fill the bath and on quite a few days the hot and cold water was discoloured and for short periods hot water came out of the cold taps!

So what seemed to be a good price was not.

I think we will try the Luabay.com hotel at Torviscas next year.

nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: bouganville playa

Many thanks for takin g the time and trouble to answer my query. Unfortunately, as I am going in February I probably won't get a room that has been updated. Your e mail sounds as though you were quite happy with the hotel regardless so it can't be that bad if you are going back again. Once again, thank you for your interest.

nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: bouganville playa

Oh dear. It seems as though I will have to either pay to upgrade or suffer a cold and gloomy room. As I am already having to pay a hefty supplement for a standard room for sole occupancy as they do not appear to have single rooms, it seems as though I am being penalised twice. Really unsure now what to do. However, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply to my query.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
551 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: bouganville playa

Valp.....Just to say we didnt pay for any room upgrades, and were happy enough with the rooms we were allocated.The rooms we have had have always been clean and functional with great side sea views and good maid service. We dont spend alot of time in the rooms, so its not a priority for us....Hope you have a great time in Feb!!

nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: bouganville playa

Hello NATMAG 63,

Much appreciated your reply and thank you for the quick response. It certainly sounds as if I am worrying unnecessarily. I agree that you don't go on holiday to spend a lot of time in your room but of course you want it to be clean snd comfortable when you are there and it certainly sounds as if this is the case. I hope the weather will mean I can get out and about but noone can predict that anyway! Once again many thanks.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
551 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: bouganville playa

Sent you a PM.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
59 reviews
9. Re: bouganville playa

Hi Val

We just got back from the Bouganville last night, we've been to this hotel for the past 6-7 years. You've chosen a really great hotel, the location, food and staff are all fantastic.

We had a room facing the mountains and towards PDLA, and it didn't get any sun during the day/early evening, but that didn't detract from our stay, the room certainly wasn't cold or gloomy, and the views over the mountains are, I think, are quite spectacular. It is especially nice at night to see all the shops/bars/hotels lit up and looks lovely. Because the weather was so hot I think a room in the sun would have been too much for us - the air conditioning seemed ineffectual.

Whilst we were there we saw several men and women travelling alone, and this is something I would feel comfortable doing as the people/staff at the hotel are very friendly.

The only downside for me this time was how busy the hotel was, we struggled some days to find a table at breakfast and dinner. It seemed much busier this year than previously. The pool side was also very busy around both pools, although we did always manage to find 2 sun loungers. I'm not sure if this is because the hotel is now AI?

The rooms, as people have commented, do need refurbishing - some of them quite badly. Our bathroom this time wasn't particularly nice, the sink was cracked and the bath had seen much better days. The towel's are also ready for renewal and some days ours were quite thin.

The food, as usual was excellent and couldn't, in my opinion, be faulted.

There are lots of nice bars by the hotel, and in the surrounding vicinity.

Have a great time, any questions just ask!

nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: bouganville playa

Hello Mollymaid,

What a full and positive response. Thank you so much and it has cheered me a lot. The negatives you mention are mostly things that won't bother me and the positives are all very important to me so the balance is good.

Once again, many thanks.

Val