We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Ronda?

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries, United...
reviews: 37
Day Trip to Ronda?

Hi All

We are considering a day trip to Ronda when were are in Nerja for our hols.

We have a hire car, just wondering if its suitable for a day trip as when i looked on Routemap etc it was quoting a 2.5 hour journey each way?

Many thanks

xx

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
1. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

The journey will indeed take you two and a half hours each way, however Ronda is truly spectacular and well worth the visit. You could go via one route, ie E15-A375 which takes you inland just west of Málaga and back following the A-397 to San Pedro de Alcántara and then head east back to Nerja, you would in effect be travelling in an anti-clockwise circle except for the bit between Málaga and Nerja. Both routes are within the minutes the same journey time but it saves retracing your steps and lets you see something more from your day.

You don't say when you are travelling but a word of warning Ronda is very much busier during July and August than other months with tourists on day trips from the Costa del Sol, that said I think you will find Ronda worth the effort. The views are breathtaking the buildings and streets, especially, once you cross el Puente Nuevo stunning, lovely little cafés and restaurants dotted around town, I especially like the area around Plaza del Socorro in terms of eats.

Comfy shoes a must.

Saludos. Lindsay

Edited: 6:18 am, June 21, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
2. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

oakergill:

Ronda has captivated many famous people. Hemingway was one of them. He said it was the most romantic town in Spain.

Orson Welles was another who was enchanted there. Before he died he asked to be buried there. Today his remains are in a private finca there.

Dumfries, United...
reviews: 37
3. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

Hi Guys

thanks for the information, I think we will plan to take the trip. We arrive 2 July for a week so will just have to brave the crowds!

x

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
reviews: 58
4. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

hi there

excellent advice from about route from campsie clyde.

we have made the trip many times from frigiliana, just be careful of the roads can be very twisty and tight especially if you meet a bus.

a great day out the bull ring is one of the oldest in spain and has a good museum

el patio. just off the main street is a nice wee restaurant to stop at .

enjoy

england
5. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

Ronda is spectacular and is well worth a 2 + hour drive.

We visited early August 2011 and I must say that we had no problem with regards to it being overcrowded.

6. Re: Day Trip to Ronda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nerja