We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather early may

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincoln ul
reviews: 16
weather early may

hi we are going to nerja on the 3rd of may for a week,but after reading the weather forcast,i wish we were going later in the year now,can anyone give me a realistic idea of what we can expect on average,and do we need to take warm weather clothes,also are we best changing our currency over there or in the uk,many thanks,

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: weather early may

Hi there

Best to change your currency there. Weather wise it doesn't really settle down until mid to end of May - but then nothing is guaranteed. Just have to check the forecasts nearer the time.

Not even the experts can predict the weather accurately more than 2 days in advance!!

CB

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,492
2. Re: weather early may

www.holiday-weather.com/nerja/averages/may

uk
reviews: 17
3. Re: weather early may

We went on the 7th April and had sunny weather all week for sunbathing and only needed a jacket one night.

It will be warmer at night when you go , i think you will have a lovely time.

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 3
4. Re: weather early may

I was there from 5th May last year and the weather was gorgeous! Traditionally,San Isidro (May 15th) is said to be the start of the Summer. After that,it tends to be a lot more settled. having said that,I have experienced glorious Novembers there!!

My cousin,who is a sun worshiper,was on the beach every day,so yes,take summer stuff. I travelled in a light jacket and took a cardi as well.

I am off there soon too and debating the currency situation! I suppose it depends on what your bank charges you for withdrawing money etc?

norfolk
reviews: 10
5. Re: weather early may

I've always found the exchange bureau on calle barrio very competitive, got 1.14 last week.

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 3
6. Re: weather early may

I decided to take some euros with me and went "shopping" yesterday! I got 1.13 at Thomas Cook which I did not think too bad? The Post Office quoted me 1.06!

Gillingham...
7. Re: weather early may

Hiya just changed my money at sainsburys at 1.1444 not to bad i thought

Chorley
reviews: 35
8. Re: weather early may

Hi

Off to Nerja tomorrow, been watching the weather forecasts all week and its been getting worse and worse as the weeks gone on. Fingers crossed that there wrong but hey ho we will have a great time.

Torremolinos, Spain
9. Re: weather early may

Oh that's a shame :( it does look indeed even on the Spanish weather site that the weather will be similar to the southern UK temperature wise but with more wet weather :( Nerja is always a bit cooler than the west of Malaga - with temperatures there being a good few degrees warmer.

I hope you don't let it ruin your holiday and you have a good time anyway.

CB

London
reviews: 116
10. Re: weather early may

We are off to Frigiliana on Saturday and am quite vexed to see that it looks like there is a cool weather front for the whole time we are there (going by the recommended websites on the sticky). Max 17-18. That's no better than here. Pfft.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja