We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire!!!!

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
reviews: 3
Car hire!!!!

I know this is an old chestnut. Want to hire in April 10 days. We have used Autos Nerja once before where you collect at airport with parking ticket left in car and then he come to where you are staying to sign up. We had our own insurance cover but seem to think we were charge for extra with the company. Got really complicated. Have looked at one can't remember name but based in Nerja starts with an L but thought website didn't seem to give any collection details. Any advise will be appreciated.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
reviews: 40
1. Re: Car hire!!!!

Do you mean Lessagro?

http://www.lessaggro.com/

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
reviews: 1
2. Re: Car hire!!!!

I think Lessaggro will still meet you at arrivals with the car, and you can deliver the car back to departures, no queues. Highly reputable local family company, ideal if staying in Nerja, not the cheapest rates but then these forums aren't full of complaints against that company.

Certainly worth speaking to, I would always recommend them. I've never found their website that great, a phone call often helps before following up with email.

Stoofer

Leeds
reviews: 3
3. Re: Car hire!!!!

Thats the one. Thank you both. I sent a message via their website and they came back straight away. Seems they text you with bay number and use parking ticket to exit. Yes prices are higher but they look quite promising. If we use them will let you know.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 65
4. Re: Car hire!!!!

Try www.hellehollis.com too, very good service just off the airport access road. Enter H4589 for 15% discount on the reservation page.

nerja
reviews: 25
5. Re: Car hire!!!!

Nerjabest have the same system.

http://www.bestcarsnerja.com/ing/home.php

Derby, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Car hire!!!!

May I ask.....

If you collect car in airport car park, drive to Nerja, (or any other resort for that matter), then "sort the paper work out later", including signatures of course...... are you legally covered, insurance-wise, as you tootle along from airport to resort?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
7. Re: Car hire!!!!

Hi Mucker

I can only give my opinion, I'm not a lawyer but employ them and my company runs contracts on minimal paperwork, you can be contractually bound by a phone call these days and that includes insurance cover.

I'd say as long as it's a good company and *you know it is* you swipe your card and sign contract so are under contract and therefore the insurance agreed is applied. It is a quick as swipe, sign and go, contractual obligations will apply both ways.

For car hire I can only speak for my Lesssaggro experience, I've never been concerned about studying the small print and filling the forms at airport, a run through and complete next day in their office is fine and a great service if staying in Nerja. Also I've never had a problem dropping the car at the airport unchecked, they are an honest company and not going to claim for damage you haven't caused IME.

it's all about using good companies you can trust, trust actually still works in business, it's fundamental to my business organisation and something many companies and punters chasing lowest prices appear to lose sight of in the general rat-race of car hire quotes IMO.

Stoofer

Derby, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Car hire!!!!

Thanks, Stoofer.

Didn't realise there was someone there with the car to take a swipe of your card etc. (Guessed a text for bay number, and keys hidden under wheel arch!!).

As for the rest of your post.... I've read it before....a few times! :-)

And as soon as my current provider lets me down (which they haven't on the 4 occasions I've used them to date, touch wood!), Lessaggro are at the top of my list to try next, closely followed by HH...... I don't do Cheapest...... I can't afford it!!! ;-)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
9. Re: Car hire!!!!

Thanks, Mucker,

Yep I've (and others have) repeat the basic message regarding service and peace of mind cost/value ratios whatever company you choose a good few times over the years however I still read a *huge* number of car hire complaints on CDS forums so the companies that supply poor service still appear to do a roaring trade. : -O

Stoofer

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
10. Re: Car hire!!!!

They are doing a roaring trade with people who don't do their research Stoofer. If they came on here first they'd soon see the ones to avoid. Feel sorry for people who get Firefly this year, because they won't necessarily realise they are actually Advantage in disguise!

Get answers to your questions about Nerja