We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Sunday roast

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 6
Good Sunday roast

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in the old town that serves a good Sunday roast please?

Kind regards,

Emilia

Vinuela, Spain
reviews: 37
1. Re: Good Sunday roast

There are not many Brit places in the old part of Nerja. The Coach and Horses on Calle Cristo (Post Office Street) do a trad British Sunday Roast and always seem busy.

Sheffield, United...
2. Re: Good Sunday roast

Thank you

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
reviews: 1
3. Re: Good Sunday roast

Not so easy to find in Nerja especially off season though I'd be the wrong person to ask anyway, I do know two places that serve roasts but heard they are disappointing, I won't post their name as I don't know from personal experience so would be unfair. If you see a place have a good look at what they serve first and ask customers would be my advice.

As an alternative you could try some local versions, make up your own 'roast lunch'. Look to the Spanish restaurants that will serve suckling pig or lamb dishes roasted. Also on Burriana beach I think Ayo still roasts his pork lunch option on Sunday, totally different to English but you might enjoy it. Usually comprises a few slices of marinated pork in a herb and apple gravy with veg and potatoes. I think you can have it all day but best get in early if you fancy it. They have joints marinade in large pots and carve to order.

If you have a nice sunny day you could do worse than take in that view from Ayos then walk off lunch strolling back to town. Just my thoughts.

Stoofer

4. Re: Good Sunday roast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, February 19, 2013
Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
5. Re: Good Sunday roast

The Coach and Horses is closed until April 1st.

Torremolinos, Spain
6. Re: Good Sunday roast

I know many people who wouldn't dream of NOT having their Sunday Roast - and why not?? Just because you're in a foreign country it doesn't mean you have to conform and eat the local cuisine!!

Many people go on holiday to their favourite resort for the sunshine (number 1) and the peace and quiet and views, yet eat as if they were at home - it's their money they should holiday how they please :)

CB

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
reviews: 35
7. Re: Good Sunday roast

Bar 19, tucked away in between Calle Malaga and Calle Castilla Perez is now run by Jo and Richard and they do a good and popular Sunday roast. They are very experienced having been at (amongst others), Avalon, Smugglers, and Stoker Browns.

It is a small bar and booking is essential.

Also they have a good tapas selection, free with every drink. Nothing is displayed, but the days' selection is listed on a board.

Sheffield, United...
8. Re: Good Sunday roast

Thank you for all your kind replies

Emilia

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Good Sunday roast

The only Sunday Roast I have experience of is the one I had at Stoker Browns. (they are now at bar 19 as Pavo said) It was very good.

Buddy´s Bar used to advertise one too. Never tried it but some other Forum member may have?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
reviews: 35
10. Re: Good Sunday roast

Buddy's Bar is closed and for sale.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja