We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

Hi,

My friend ad i want to have a 7-9 day holiday (in May or June) that allows us to:

- relax a bit by the beach which isnt heaving

- walk a little(mountains, but no heavy hiking)

- see some historical sites such as the Alhambra

- ideally have a base and not have to move hotels

We can rent a car and drive between places to sightsee. We've heard that Andalucia is not only beautiful but might well offer all these things we are looking for.

We'd be very grateful for suggestions and information!

thanks

AA

West Yorkshire
reviews: 7
1. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

Think you've hit upon just the right place! Nerja is lovely in May/June. Usually a little quieter, before the English schools break up and the weather tends to take a turn for the lovely, from about 15th May onwards! (The 15th is the festival of San Isidro and somehow the weather knows that this is the best time to start summer!!)

Granada is driveable from Nerja. (Remember to book Alhambra tickets in advance!) Frigiliana is a lovely little white village a bus ride away, but many people choose to bus up and walk back down, by the river.

There are many beaches, large and small, which aren't sandy, but have varying amounts of bars/kiosks and sunbeds etc.

Enjoy!

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

One of the joys of living in Nerja is the stunning views of the mountains!

I never attempted to walk in them (just enjoyed looking at them!1 :-) ) but I am sure that other Forum members could advise on this.

A trip into Malaga would be good too,lots of history there and also Almuñecar.

I agree that May and June,especially June are gorgeous months to be there.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 16
3. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

I would suggest staying nearer perhaps malaga city the beaches are fab and you have a transport hub to take you anywhere in andalucia. Restaurants are also class.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 16
4. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

PS for me el palo beach in malaga is fab

London, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

thank you all for your suggestions!

right now we are still leaning toward nerja and have booked the Hostal Don Peque. Hope it will be a nice stay and enjoyable trip.

thank you!!

6. Re: andalucia : beaches, some waking, some history, R&R....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nerja