We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington
reviews: 19
Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Hello All,

I am looking to go to Nerja for the first time in September. My question is how much of a walk is it from the beach front to the center, and how tough is it? We are going to rent an apartment, and like the look of a couple that are on the beachfront at Burriana beach, but thought I would ask before we commit ourselves.

We are 35/40 and healthy so are not too bothered if it is a bit of a stroll, I have read various reviews saying it is anything between 10 and 30 minutes, I have also 'Google mapped' it, but it is hard to get a real idea of the walk there is.

Many thanks for any help and advice given.

reviews: 10
1. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Hi

The walk from Burriana beach to the town doesn't take very long. I would say about 20 minutes. The problem isnt the time its the hill! There is a steep hill leading away from the beach, however this can be shortened by a short cut up beside the Parador Hotel, but this is still steep. If you are fit and healthy and dont mind walking the hill then go for it. The walk back is easy!! I wouldnt let it put me off staying on the beachfront although a car maybe useful if you are planning on stocking up with groceries. That said taxis are readily available.

Hope this helps.

Alison

Wigan, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Hi Thegiscool,

The walk to Nerja from Burriana is nowhere near as bad as some people make out!

We are a couple in our 60s and always stay in an apartment looking over Burriana beach (a fabulous view). We walk into Nerja and back every morning and then again most evenings with no problem.

The path is on the left of the road leading away from the beach.

Hope you have as lovely a time there as we do.

Chris

Leeds
3. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

We used to walk on the beach ....takes half as long although you have 100 steps to climp up/down at the end of C/ Hernando de Carabeo !!!

Nerja
reviews: 26
4. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Unfortunately, since the storms of last year, this walk (along the Paseo de los Carabineros) is no longer possible, nor is there funding available to repair what was a very pleasant and attractive feature.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
5. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Of course if you're staying down at Burriana you do have the advantage that if you go up into the town for the evening it's downhill all the way on the way back home!

If you're reasonably fit then the walk up isn't too bad at all (like Jo above I tend to walk along the beach and up the Carabeillo steps) - but I would avoid doing it in the August afternoon sun, otherwise fine. Fortify yourselves for the ascent with a couple of drinks at Merendero Solymar...

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
reviews: 1
6. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Staying front line isn't so bad, for fit folk anyway as per the advice here, so long as you know and are informed. I say front line as many addresses 'Burriana' are way up the hill, that then means the walk back from town finishes uphill yet again and very tiring.

Be sure Burriana is everything you want it to be, it's very popular but personally I only like it for lunch, the bars and restaurants a bit too similar to many other beach resorts. If you like being in the old town, there are apartments with sea views, close to beaches and that you can still visit Burriana by day. Horses for courses.

Not trying to put you off Burriana, if you like it go front line and don't let the walk put you off, first pit stop not too far away as you pass the Parador.

Stoofer

Darlington
7. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Hi,

Thanks for all your help guys and gals. I think we will end up with an apartment on the front of Burriana beach - I have researched a lot of apartments online and the ones we like all seem to be located here.

Thanks again for all your help re the walk to the centre.

8. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Have a fab time....Im very envious......would love to be there now!!!

9. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

Or may start looking at going this year...again!!

uk
10. Re: Walk from Burriana beach to Nerja centre.

We have stayed in various parts of Nerja but for us there is nowhere to beat the view that greets you in morning from a Burriana beach front line apartment. Try to get one on the second or top floor for the best view of the beach.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja