We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

older teens dilemma

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
13 posts
older teens dilemma

up until last year our annual 2weeks in nerja were a guaranteed success. we have always gone with another family so the kids had their mates and we got a pretty relaxing holiday. but now we find ourselves with 15 and 17 yr olds who need to meet more teenagers both during . the day and evening. last summer the girls tried going to San Juan pool to see if any teenagers were about but were asked for their pass which of course they didn't have.

Are there any public outdoor pools where they might be ok to go to?

which if any beach is favoured by teenagers?

We also have 2 slightly gormless but entirely harmless 17yr old boys who need to meet others or they end up watching tv.

Our holiday is usually late July/early August in case anyone else has a similar problem.

would love to hear from anyone who has had this problem, I'm sure we can't be the only ones.

It looked like we were going to give nerja a miss this year but we have decided that with a bit more research and planning it will still be the best option.

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
1. Re: older teens dilemma

There is a public swimming pool by the stadium next to Capistrano. There is also a good busy Gym across from the school on the Main Street going into Nerja just before the second roundabout, a lot of young people use this.

Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
696 posts
1 review
2. Re: older teens dilemma

Hi Toamy, the public swimmimg pool by Capistrano is closed in August. It should also be noted that it is a competition pool. Recreational swimmers are of course welcome but the pool is not for playing in.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
3. Re: older teens dilemma

I would suggest they take a trip to the night-life area of Tutti Frutti, hopefully they'll bump into some like minded peeps their age there and arranged to meet up in the daytimes to do whatever.....

CB

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: older teens dilemma

My son is now 17 and had enjoyed nerja since he was a small boy until last summer so I know where you are coming from. Not sure if I would have let him go to tutti frutti on his own but as you have two 17 year olds, I suppose that may be an option depending on how mature they are.There are certainly a number of similar aged young people around that area at night. They may also be lucky to come across other young people playing pool in some of the bars (we occasionally have encountered this) I think we have reached the time when our lad will find nerja too tame with the parents and not much opportunity to mix with those his own age. All 17 year olds are different so it depends on how easy your young people mix with others etc..

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
5. Re: older teens dilemma

Hence my suggestion Allie :) I doubt if they will meet many their age otherwise... maybe down on the beach i guess as July/August should be busy everywhere....

I know when my brother and i were 17 we couldn't wait to escape the apron strings lol.

CB

Edited: 12:45 pm, January 21, 2013
Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: older teens dilemma

Think my chap would have been dying to leave the apron strings too CB if he'd had a friend on holiday with him...probably wouldn't have seen him then for dust..lol.

uk
13 posts
7. Re: older teens dilemma

Thank you for your replies, i read the long thread about tutti frutti plaza recently and on balance i think the older ones would be ok there. But not 2 15 year old girls. They really need a daytime place where they can meet other likeminded teens, which may lead to them arranging to meet up in the evenings. We shall see.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
8. Re: older teens dilemma

;-) Allie....

You're welcome ellora.. hope we've been of some help, if there's anything else you need just shout.

CB

9. Re: older teens dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014