We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crime mania

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
swindon
crime mania

my husband and i arrived in nerja on the 13 th of january . On the 15 th in torrox we had our car broken into by means of smashing a window . While at the civil guardia reporting the incident another english gentleman arrived reporting the same crime in the same place and approx same. then last night when we drove into nerja for a meal we had our holiday villa broken into . The first car incident there was nothing to take . But we had cash taken from the villa . I am speechless . Has crime gone crazy in nerja ? . I have been put off coming here . I wont feel safe sleeping now or parking the car . Any comment will be most welcome

Antrim, United...
reviews: 4
1. Re: crime mania

What a terrible experience for you. I don't blame you for not feeling able to settle. Having been the victim of crime at home I understand how this feels

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
2. Re: crime mania

That's dreadful, it must have been very scary knowing that someone had been in the apartment as well as breaking into your car.

I know its not much consolation knowing that its happened to others too but I guess with the current economic situation in Spain this sort of thing could be on the increase. Sometimes desperate people do things that they would not normally do without thinking about the effect on others. I just hope that things everywhere start to improve over the next year and people won't have to resort to stealing from people who are trying to put money back into the local economy by spending their hard earned cash there..

When we are away we always stay in places where there are security guards but we also lock all the windows and pull down the security grills and double lock the door when we leave the apartments.

Hopefully, your insurance will cover your losses but I know it won't make up for your spoiled holiday but I hope you do give Nerja and the Costa Del Sol another chance in the future.

By the way, as you had duplicated this post, I've reported the other one as a duplicate post so it will be removed so people can post responses just on this one.

CJB

Edited: 1:21 pm, January 20, 2013
uk
reviews: 17
3. Re: crime mania

I am sorry you had such a bad time and I know how you feel about visiting again. A few years ago we stayed in an excellent apartment on Burriana beach and we were burgled. Luckily nothing of any great value was taken but it unsettled my wife and she will not use that apartment again, a pity because as I said it was a great apartment. Unfortunately crime seems to be a regular occurrence these days but I am sure it's not just Nerja, it could have happened anywhere.

UK/Benalmadena
reviews: 1
4. Re: crime mania

I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experiences. I agree with the above posts, sadly it can happen anywhere, you just seemed to be very unlucky. May I just add that if you haven't already, it's important to contact the villa owner to let them know what's happened. If there was a security issue, it needs to be addressed quickly.

swindon
5. Re: crime mania

very sorry if i had duplicated my post . I cant see where to rectify it . My hubbi and i are both back on our feet regarding our unlucky run of events recently . Thankfully ! :)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
6. Re: crime mania

Hi Diane, no worries, its probably a glitch on the system. Hopefully, you won't have any more problems.

CJB

7. Re: crime mania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:10 am, September 25, 2013
Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 47
8. Re: crime mania

Richard, i feel you should name and shame the Villa, rather than let readers think it is ALL Nerja rather than this particular villa/owner.

9. Re: crime mania

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, September 25, 2013
10. Re: crime mania

Removed on: 9:07 am, September 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nerja