We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 5
Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

Thinking of going to Beatriz Palace hotel for a few days with 80 year old mum and 16 year old son in April. How far is it to walk to cafes, shops etc or can anyone recommend a better 4 star nearer the centre.

Thanks

Scotland
reviews: 23
1. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

If your mum's mobility is a concern, I'd consider the Florida Spa. Not much around the Beatriz in terms of what you are looking for, while the Florida has everything on the doorstep.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 42
2. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

You can walk from the Beatriz to the Miramar centre which is one of the biggest shopping centres around and has lots of restaurants and cafes and usually three or four cinemas in English. I know plenty of 80 year olds for whom this is no distance at all. Probably not as far as the Florida Spa is from the middle of Fuengirola.

Maps may be unhelpful because he Beatriz is in Fuengirola and the Miramar in Mijas, much to the annoyance of the mayor of Fuengirola!

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
3. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

Its a pleasant walk on the paseo side of the hotel, and is probably 3 or 40metres to the bridge over the river then a further 150m to the first cafes/bars of Fuengirola proper.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
4. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

to get to the Miramar Shopping centre you turn left as you get to the bridge and walk along the riverside and under the main road to the centre.

Bucks., england
5. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

To be fair, the Beatriz Palace is a very good hotel................but it is a fair way from anywhere on a walking basis!!

If your mum wants to be able to walk out of the hotel and find bars/cafes/shops locally then Beatriz is not for you. Florida spa as recommended will fulfil those sort of needs.........but not as good a hotel as Beatriz !!

Scotland
reviews: 23
6. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

The original hotel on the Beatriz Spa site, the stunning Mare Nostrum, shut its doors many years ago because it was considered too isolated. Having said that, I would be more than happy to stay there, and would relish the walk into town.

rochdale
reviews: 21
7. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

I,d go for Florida Spa as well, depends wether you want to be close to a shopping centre or the sea front.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
8. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

I don't understand some of these answers.But first let me say I think the Florida Spa a better choice in terms of location but for those thinking of the Beatriz

1, When the previous hotel existed there was no Myramar centre, Just fields so it was isolated. No longer

2. The Myramar centre is good for shopping, cinema and food outlets of varying quality e.g. Burger king to Lizzaron or Terra Sana and is as close as the centre of Fuengirola is to the Florida Spa. The shopping at the Myramar is far superior to that in Fuengirola especially within easy range of the Florida spa.

3. Both hotels are on the seafront although the Beatriz has much the better beach access.

4. There are bars etc just over the bridge from the Beatriz but the Florida Spa has a better selection closer. However most are the full English sort.

5. Links to transport are poor at the Beatriz. If you wanted a day out by train it is a long way from the Beatriz but not from the Florida Spa. There may be some transport though from the Beatriz, I don't know.

yorkshire
reviews: 5
9. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

Thanks for your reply how long do you think it takes to walk to the shops 20 - 30 mins

Bucks., england
10. Re: Beatriz Palace hotel - how far from cafes etc

Probably only 10 minutes or so. You have a choice of a selection of smaller shops in Los Boliches or the main shopping area in Fuengirola , about the same in either direction. The alternative is to get the bus to Myramar shopping centre if you want a serious dose of retail therapy!!

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola