We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brian's rent a car

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pentre Halkyn...
reviews: 13
Brian's rent a car

Just got back from Malaga and we have used this company previously. Dave was waiting at the airport as arranged both to meet us and to collect the car. Absolutely no problems with the car, very clean and tidy, have recomended to friends and will definitely use again. Best bit is not having to pay for a full tank of fuel like the rest of the companies charge you for. Also additional drivers can be added onto policy as long as you provide copy of licence.

106 replies to this topic
Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: Brian's rent a car

What a different story here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187435-i317-k58…

CB

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
2. Re: Brian's rent a car

Birthdayboozer - I'm glad that you have had a good experience of this company, but there are many others (in addition to the link CB gave above) you have not.

Leeds, United...
3. Re: Brian's rent a car

I have used Briansrentacar for 10 years they are like family now I look forward to meeting Dave, Monica or Kevin outside arrivals.

The people I have recommended have never had a problem which has not been sorted fairly and honestly.

CB links to David E story which knowing this company I can not believe they charge him for a chair he says he did not damage. They will be required to prove the case with Visa by photos and accounts.

David E then quotes statements supposedly sent by Briansrentacar without their story, their statements may be true if we read the full facts.

I am just surprised CB and Ceejayblue feel they need to focus on the negative posts when there are many positive reviews in Tripadviser and ReviewCentre from satisfied clients who put themselves out to post their experience of this company.

Edited: 9:15 am, October 19, 2012
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
4. Re: Brian's rent a car

Not just focussing on the negative posts posts, I always happy to see positive posts on car hire companies - its good to know there are some good ones out there, However, I have to say that some positive ones only seem to come on the forums soon after a bad post and from first time posters who have not made reviews or have any TA history.

This may sound cynical and I apologise if it sounds harsh, but just because you have had a good experience with them, doesn't mean that David E, and others haven't had bad ones. Even the top companies have their complaints as well as their positive reviews so its not just Briansrentacar but they do seem to have attracted several very poor comments from users recently.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
5. Re: Brian's rent a car

Hi Laura B, you cant blame anyone for being a little cynical, you joined TA toady to praise this company, Sally B joined 8th Oct to praise this company, Jenny B joined 16th Oct surprise surprise to praise this company.

Torremolinos, Spain
6. Re: Brian's rent a car

LOL, i see a trend detective mantalk :-)

Manilva, Spain
reviews: 3
7. Re: Brian's rent a car

David Ballard runs Brian's Rent a Car. Dave Ballard is an imposter. He has fake identities on other forums* where he has masqueraded as a happy car renter. In truth there are no genuine car renters who are happy with his service My advise to Dave is stop ripping off people's deposits and the negative comments will stop. My advise to everyone else is don't use Brian's Rent a Car!

www.malagaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
8. Re: Brian's rent a car

Sounds like someone needs to really investigate this company and the owner.

Malaga, Spain
9. Re: Brian's rent a car

Briansrentacar is run by Paul Richardson, Dave Ballard and 4 others work for the company. We have 45 cars and have traded 23 years from Benalmadena and recently opened an office at the Airport.

Snowboy is making false accusations again, he hired a car last year, brought it back damaged and refused to pay the repair bill. We went to arbitration with the coucil and he lost his case. He makes libelous allegations on forums which are without truth.

We have thousands of satisfied clients but Ceejayblue is correct we do have clients who are not happy to pay damage costs who attack the company on forums.

Any person who wants information about the company can email from the website.

Paul Richardson

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
10. Re: Brian's rent a car

Thanks for posting Paul, I hope that people will now be able to contact you directly via your website and get some assistance with their problems.

Reply to: Brian's rent a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted