We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no ice-cream in crosshaven

co.cork
reviews: 30
no ice-cream in crosshaven

whats wrong with the super market in crosshaven-- it has a seperate booth to sell whipped ice-cream from- inside the shop with opening to the main street.. went for a cycle on the amenity walk way one very warm morning got to the shop about 11am and was told by the owner- man in suit who seemed to be more interested in his newspaper- that icecream cones were not served before 1pm- even though it was hot and lots of people around-- last night went down 8.01pm no chance of an ice-cream as booth closed at 8pm again it was a very warm evening and plenty of people around-- doesn't seem to make good buisness sense -- no-- the shop wasn't closing at 8pm-- i'm not the only one who has been caught out

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
reviews: 35
1. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

Reminds me of a cafe I was in recently, stopped serving at 5pm so that staff could clean up and close at 5.30. Places like this don't deserve custom in my opinion.

tipperary
reviews: 29
2. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

Times they are a changing! Crosshaven brings back happy memories of going to the "Merries" and having an ice-cream cone on the way back to Minane. After being abroad recently and seeing how they value custom and customers , the Irish businesses really need to buck up their ideas. I know there are some nice people out there and have great customer relations , but lately attitudes are getting a bit lax. Maybe the recession is getting to us?

regards Deedee

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 32
3. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

Actually while in Cavan at a game I went along to a nearby cafe in a supermarket, to find that they were closing at 5pm just as hundreds of people attending the game walked past their door and many others were also turned away!! Of course on that day the lost custom would have more than paid for the wages of the staff. I had previously only seen this in pre 1990 Eastern Europe!

co.cork
reviews: 30
4. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

we were down at this same shop in crosshaven at 2 o'clock in the afternoon today and again no ice -cream--not being served until 3pm--i'll start to get paranoid-- i think what this shop needs is competition--maybe an ice-cream van.....

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
reviews: 88
5. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

They were always a bit weird in Crosser!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
reviews: 35
6. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

Didn't I read somewhere that Tickety-Moo is looking for business??

www.tickety-moo.com

7. Re: no ice-cream in crosshaven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 10, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Crosshaven