We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

I'm planning a vow renewal in June at Thorncrown Chapel and I'm looking for a place to host a reception dinner for 25 - 40. I can't decide between the private room at the Cottage Inn Restaurant, or the Terrace or Pavilion at Inn of the Ozarks. I like the idea of reserving rooms at the Inn of the Ozarks and having the dinner in the pavilion so the kids can swim. I want an intimate setting and good food. Those are the priorities. The size of the Terrace would probably be fine, but not sure about atmosphere.

I would love to hear from someone who has eaten dinner at the two places, or attended a reception at one of the locations at Inn of the Ozarks.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
537 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

I've eaten at Cottage Inn and it's one of my favorites. I'm having problems picturing 40 people for a sit down meal in that place without reserving the entire space. Have you checked to see if they would even consider this? Also, you mentioned "kids can swim". That's not going to happen at the Cottage Inn.

Have you thought about the sun room (or whatever they call it) at the Crescent?

Broken Arrow...
Destination Expert
for Eureka Springs
Level Contributor
292 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

I agree that the food at cottage inn is wonderful.

Have you considered the Grand Central hotels "Grand Hall"

GRAND HALL

Luxurious Group Accommodations

The beautiful newly renovated Grand Hall provides the perfect retreat for weddings, receptions, corporate and group meetings. If you're seeking a romantic atmosphere, the mood lighting will enhance your special event.

The Perfect Group Retreat

The Grand Hall is located in Eureka's unique underground! The 125 year old rock walls bring character and intrigue to the room. We have exposed an old window with viewing into the famous and notorious tunnels! This versatile room seats 25 to 100 for your special function.

Unforgetable Receptions Dinners

The Grand Taverne provides catering from simple hors d'oeuvres to beautiful buffets and elegant plated dinners. Our experienced Chef Dave Gilderson will help you prepare an unforgettable dinner. Contact us for more information regarding buffet menus, speciality meals for groups and prices.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

Hello CoSoccerMom, I am considering a reception in Eureka Springs as well (25-35 guests) and would love to find out what location you choose.

Denver
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
4. Re: Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

Thank you for the suggestions! I've narrowed it down a little, but not much. We are still considering Cottage Inn, private room for 25 - 30. Other restaurants that sound perfect are Grand Taverne, Gaskins Cabin, and Autumn Breeze.

5. Re: Cottage Inn or Inn of the Ozarks for Small Reception Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs